Nick Clegg seems to be the darling on the younger generation

Has Nick clegg become the darling of the younger generation?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Has Nick clegg become the darling of the younger generation?

• Yes
    • No
    • Whos nick clegg?

as a member of the younger generation, I can say I'm currently drawn to the lib dems because of their policies, not the personalities.

I meant the economic polices of Cable as opposed to his personality. He seems to have been the only politician warning us of the **** storm that we were heading for.

At the last General Election, the Lib Dems were promising to scrap university tuition fees immediately, should they be elected.

No doubt that policy appealed to a number of younger (and particularly first-time) voters.

This time, Clegg is promising to scrap tuition fees in 6 years time.

Why would that appeal to younger voters? If you're at university now, or if you're planning to go to uni this September, you will pay tuition fees. In 6 years time, when you've let university and are trying to make a start in the world (and pay off a mountain of tuition fee debt) YOU will be one of the lucky people who will be paying the tuition fees of those who are about to go to university. - As well as your own student loans.

Clegg certainly appears to be after the younger generation .... particularly those aged about 10 or 11.

I dont really see the problem with tuition fees. Who should have to pay for my education but me. I am £16k in debt from uni (I think) and you just don't notice it. You either earn enough and as it comes out before you get your pay you don't notice it at all, or you don't earn enough and you don't pay it. I would rather this than expect people who have never been to uni to pay through taxes etc. We can't have everything for free!

This is one of the main points putting me off voting libdem

Archived