Latest poll : Lib Dem 39% | Conservative 35% |Labour 18% |

wednesday1, why in your view is labour, the party that has the 'majorities interests at heart'. As this is the party that - refused the people a referendum (EU broken promise)

Has removed the ten pence tax.

Has removed the borders of this country

Has removed free speech

Looks like "winning" the election is turning out to be a poisoned chalice. At least according to Mervyn King, governor of the Bank of England.

King: Election winner will be out of power for a generation

Whichever party wins this election will have to inflict such painful austerity measures on the British population that they will soon find themselves out of power for generation.

Beans on toast Britain, here we come.

Mervyn King is a self-important doom-monger

Are we talking about a different Mervyn King here? :D

Anyway, here's a second opinion:

The Institute for Fiscal Studies spelt it out earlier this week in typically frank terms. Labour and the LibDem plans imply the biggest squeeze on public services since the 1970s, when the IMF was in town. The Tory plans imply the biggest set of cuts since records began in 1948.

LINK

I don't get it; I mean the Brown incident. I thought people wanted their politicians to be honest, but as soon as one is, support for him dwindles...

It wasn't really honest being as he said "lovely to have met you", then slagged her off when he thought noone was listening. Thats getting caught lying not being honest.

Are you still banging on about that, spilling it over into unrelated threads?

Since it seems to offend so much you please feel free to do what you should have done yesterday - report it and ask a mod to alter it. I'm sure that they will oblige and I have no reason to feel slighted.

If you can't be bothered to do that perhaps you are just persisting in a chance to childishly goad another SF member. Enjoy your moment, it's one way traffic. ;)

Tony, you seem to be taking this awfully badly.

Sorry about that didn't want to upset you, it's probably a day you want to put behind you, several gaffs in one day and all:hihi:

"Chill" as they say in some parts.;)

From bbc news "Business Secretary Lord Mandelson has just taken a spin in a zero-emission, environmentally-friendly hydrogen-powered car created by in the University of Birmingham. On climbing out, he says: "It was a very smooth ride, very reliable, very creative and based on strong science - just like the government and our economic policy.""

Labour needs to go so we can never hear from him or gb again. He is the smarmiest man ever!

Archived