Useful companies Immobilise & checkMEND

Thought this would be useful for fellow forumers.

Create a FREE private and secure portfolio of all your personal property.

If it is then lost or stolen, use Immobilise to tell law enforcement, your insurer, and the second-hand trade to assist in recovering your property and catch the thief.

Benefits of registration:

■Immobilise helps UK Police forces to identify the owner of lost & stolen goods thousands of times every day

■Loss & theft updates you make are immediately available to the Police nation-wide

■Combat the sale of stolen property, alert the second-hand trade and the publicly checkable stolen goods database, CheckMEND, if an item goes missing

■Simplify insurance claims and Police reports with certificates of ownership

■Great member offers from the likes of Nokia & other supporters, plus make savings with ImmobiCompare to help support Immobilise

■All these features are unique to Immobilise and provided FREE

CheckMEND searches the world's largest database of stolen and counterfeit goods and disabled mobile phones, with over 40 billion serial numbered items of property with information that is potentially relevant to any purchaser. The information is updated in real time every few minutes by law enforcement, insurers, industry bodies and the public in over 40 countries.

Checks can be run quickly and easily online. Need multiple checks and want to save money? Open an account and receive bonus features free of charge

I thought that it sounded too good to be true!!! But I've checked it out and it does seem to be genuine (it gets a mention on the South Yorkshire Police website).

I was thinking of using that Smartwater stuff, but you have to pay an annual subscription of around £60, which put me off. Immobilise offer a similar product, microdots, at £19.99 for a thousand. I think I'll see if I can find anybody who's used them, to see if they're effective. They would be very handy to mark stuff like jewellery, where identification can be difficult.

Many thanks for the links - very useful.

I thought that it sounded too good to be true!!! But I've checked it out and it does seem to be genuine (it gets a mention on the South Yorkshire Police website).

I was given the names of these company's by a chap from South yorkshire police's (who comes on here :wave:) crime prevention unit, His job is to check item on market stalls & second hand shops (cash convertors) for stolen goods.

• 8 months later...
I was given the names of these company's by a chap from South yorkshire police's (who comes on here :wave:) crime prevention unit, His job is to check item on market stalls & second hand shops (cash convertors) for stolen goods.

Just did it for three of my things, thanks.

Archived