UKIP-what dont you like about their manifesto?

They are pro smoking and anti benefits.

No, they are (as I have explained before,) pro choice- ie landlords would have the opportunity to have a smoking room inside if they so wished. And whats wrong with wanting people to work as opposed to living off the dole? Sounds rather sensible to me.

No, they are (as I have explained before) pro choice- ie landlords would have the opportunity to have a smoking room inside if they so wished. And whats wrong with wanting people to work as opposed to living off the dole? Sounds rather sensible to me.

As long as the wages are proper wages.

Years ago I had to do work experience - working full time at Computer Data Institute - and got paid an extra £10 on my dole. Woohoo - cost me £15 to attend so an overall loss of a fiver. Did not get a job there afterwards but went on to work in a supermarket.

If you are going to employ all these people on the dole then you need jobs to employ them with. I'd be more than happy to paint grass green as long as the wage was reasonable.

As long as the wages are proper wages.

Years ago I had to do work experience - working full time at Computer Data Institute - and got paid an extra £10 on my dole. Woohoo - cost me £15 to attend so an overall loss of a fiver. Did not get a job there afterwards but went on to work in a supermarket.

If you are going to employ all these people on the dole then you need jobs to employ them with. I'd be more than happy to paint grass green as long as the wage was reasonable.

I agree. UKIP have said that they nobody would pay tax on the first £11,500 they earn... therefore taking everyone earning minimum wage out of the income tax system completly.

There policy of having a flat rate of tax at 31% wouldn't reduce tax for everybody the basic rate is 20% so unless you were paying higher rate tax your income tax level would be raised by 11% while the richest people would get either a 9% or 20% cut.

Taxing the poor to relieve the rich is never really a popular policy, UKIP also want to tax businesses less, they basically want the average person on the street to pay through the nose to support the wealthy.

I'm also very suspicious of their plans for people with learning disabilities and mental health problems. Basically I think they want to round them all up and put them in an asylum.

I agree. UKIP have said that they nobody would pay tax on the first £11,500 they earn... therefore taking everyone earning minimum wage out of the income tax system completly.

There policy of having a flat rate of tax at 31% wouldn't reduce tax for everybody the basic rate is 20% so unless you were paying higher rate tax your income tax level would be raised by 11% while the richest people would get either a 9% or 20% cut.

Taxing the poor to relieve the rich is never really a popular policy, UKIP also want to tax businesses less, they basically want the average person on the street to pay through the nose to support the wealthy.

I'm also very suspicious of their plans for people with learning disabilities and mental health problems. Basically I think they want to round them all up and put them in an asylum.

Now I am getting really confused. Are they planning to take people who are on low income out of the tax thing completely, or are they planning to make everyone pay extra tax?

Perhaps you didnt realise but the 31% flat tax rate includes all National Insurance payments - ie you would not pay national insurance, only an income tax. When you factor that in then yes, everyone would pay less tax.

Unfortunately you have not really answered me, your main response points start with 'think' in the first sentence. To answer my question as to whether immigrants as a whole give to the economy more than take away we need actual figures!
See, the thing is, the issue does not bother me (normal, I'm a UK-tax-paying immigrant :D).

That's why I'm offerring a (reasonably well-) informed opinion, but no more.

But, from your posts, it sure appears to bothers you. Fair enough. In such circumstances, however, it seems normal that you would do the howework/legwork to prove your point.

Good luck with it and all that :wave:

Now I am getting really confused. Are they planning to take people who are on low income out of the tax thing completely, or are they planning to make everyone pay extra tax?

Ok lets clear it up.

No tax until £11,500, thereafter a flat rate of 31% with NO National Insurance whatsoever.

Ok lets clear it up.

No tax until £11,500, thereafter a flat rate of 31% with NO National Insurance whatsoever.

Plus this from their manifesto:

Abolish the ‘tax on jobs’: phase out employers’ NI contributions over five years

Who then will be paying NI? :huh:

Archived