UKIP-what dont you like about their manifesto?

Perhaps you didnt realise but the 31% flat tax rate includes all National Insurance payments - ie you would not pay national insurance, only an income tax. When you factor that in then yes, everyone would pay less tax.

National insurance does not add up to 11% of my gross pay. Maybe if you factor in the employers contribution which I don't currently pay but they intend to abolish then I would pay more but UKIPs policies would leave the vast majority of people who pay standard tax rate a hell of a lot worse off.

I agree. UKIP have said that they nobody would pay tax on the first £11,500 they earn... therefore taking everyone earning minimum wage out of the income tax system completly.

But they're going to abolish minimum wage too. So whilst the low paid may have been taken out of the equation as far as tax is concerned their employers will also be free to pay them a hell of a lot less many which would negate any tax breaks they may be given.

T

I'm also very suspicious of their plans for people with learning disabilities and mental health problems. Basically I think they want to round them all up and put them in an asylum.

Did you know that their leader has a daughter with learning difficulties and has done extensive charity and fundraising work on behalf of relevant charities? He has also raised the issue of lack of funding in the House of Lords. You might argue that he understands the issue better than any other party leader!

Plus this from their manifesto:

Who then will be paying NI? :huh:

From their manifesto:

"Introduce a flat tax which will make all taxpayers better off and take a further 4.5 million lower paid workers out of income tax altogether. The flat tax will merge existing income tax bands and Employees' National Insurance contributions into a single rate of 31%, starting at that £11,500 threshold. Pension income below the higher tax rate would stay at 20%"

But they're going to abolish minimum wage too. So whilst the low paid may have been taken out of the equation as far as tax is concerned their employers will also be free to pay them a hell of a lot less many which would negate any tax breaks they may be given.

I have not heard they will abolish Minimum Wage, in fact I am certain that this is not true. Link?

The thing I don't like about the UKIP manifesto is that if you came on here saying you liked any of it, the bigots and zealots would jump down your throat.

OK, I like the following:

Keep the NHS free at the point of delivery and make no cuts to frontline services

Restore free NHS dental check-ups and eye tests

Invest an extra £3bn p.a. in the UK’s road and railway system

Build more social housing and encourage the use of 800,000 empty homes

Introduce conservators to help preserve green belt land

Introduce labelling schemes to support British farmers and high animal welfare standards

Awaits bigots and zealots with open mouth.

See, the thing is, the issue does not bother me (normal, I'm a UK-tax-paying immigrant :D).

That's why I'm offerring a (reasonably well-) informed opinion, but no more.

But, from your posts, it sure appears to bothers you. Fair enough. In such circumstances, however, it seems normal that you would do the howework/legwork to prove your point.

Good luck with it and all that :wave:

I'm trying to learn more about it, as I have stated. One of the points you came up with I questioned and you couldn't come up with a response it seems.

If your going to come back at someone with a point at least validate it.

Actually just notice you've said in your last post it was your opinion, sorry I thought you were coming to me with facts.

I'd like a UKIP supporter to explain to me how their plans for the NHS aren't actually privatisation by stealth. I know its a bit pointless to get bothered about UKIP policies, but that part of their manifesto would be extremely concerning if they looked like they were going to get anywhere near power.

No, they are (as I have explained before,) pro choice- ie landlords would have the opportunity to have a smoking room inside if they so wished. And whats wrong with wanting people to work as opposed to living off the dole? Sounds rather sensible to me.

Perhaps they could work in all those smokey pubs you seem so keen on. Or would they have a 'choice' about that?

Archived