UKIP-what dont you like about their manifesto?

Not sure what you are getting at to be honest. The smoking ban came in and lots of pubs closed very quickly, and the trend continues. It's not because of the cost of beer these pubs are closing. It's not because people prefer to stay at home and watch the television. Perhaps it has something to do with the smoking ban? what do you think?

I think i don't care to be frank. They are mostly chav pubs in rough areas that closed becuase of the smoking ban. I won't miss them.

I think i don't care to be frank. They are mostly chav pubs in rough areas that closed becuase of the smoking ban. I won't miss them.

Well that's okay then isn't it. Generalise everyone and you will do fine. :loopy:

I do not think someone should be allowed to refuse a job in a pub that has a smoke room. Why should they? Smokers go in the room - which is ventilated - and get their drinks - then go back into the smokers room. Sorted. What's the problem?

Well that's okay then isn't it. Generalise everyone and you will do fine. :loopy:

I do not think someone should be allowed to refuse a job in a pub that has a smoke room. Why should they? Smokers go in the room - which is ventilated - and get their drinks - then go back into the smokers room. Sorted. What's the problem?

\

Problem is workers health is put at risk. That was a major reason for the ban in the first place.

Answer the question if UKIP believe in 'choice' do they think an unemployed person should be able to refuse a job in a smokey environment without any loss of benefit?

Why would they have to work in a smokey environment? The smoking ban would not be reversed. It would be revised so there could be a room in which people could smoke. Why would anyone other than the landlord have to go in? If the landlord wants a smoking room then they should empty ashtrays etc. I have worked in a job whereby a smoking area needed cleaning on a regular basis. Since I dont smoke, I could refuse to do it. Im sure the same would apply.

But the people and communities which were held together by said pub probably do miss them. And if the chavs who no longer have a local now hang out in your local park, I bet you do care.

Why would they have to work in a smokey environment? The smoking ban would not be reversed. It would be revised so there could be a room in which people could smoke. Why would anyone other than the landlord have to go in? If the landlord wants a smoking room then they should empty ashtrays etc. I have worked in a job whereby a smoking area needed cleaning on a regular basis. Since I dont smoke, I could refuse to do it. Im sure the same would apply.

You have a touching faith in the benevolance of employers in general and publicans in particular. Perhaps when UKIP see a bit more of the real world they might be more fit to govern. It might also help if their leader actually read his own manifesto and had some idea what his party stands for.

But the people and communities which were held together by said pub probably do miss them. And if the chavs who no longer have a local now hang out in your local park, I bet you do care.

When the Dore Moor Inn closes I will care. When the Chav and Pitbull at Arberthorne closes I won't care too much.

\

Problem is workers health is put at risk. That was a major reason for the ban in the first place.

A pub with a smokers room and extractor fans.

Show me the proof that workers in such a pub has their health put at risk.

And should we ensure that pubs use only plastic containers to reduce the risk of anyone glassing anyone? come to think of it - those pool balls and cues are a bit lethal - not to mention darts.

Risks are there and assessed. I would like to see your proof that anyone working in such a pub is having their health put at risk.

And I think we should be allowed to refuse loads of other jobs on that score - because highway maintenance is well dangerous; not to mention being a teacher; a farmer ... in fact - any job you want to name.

Archived