Unusual Boys Names

Poor response, that. Sounds the same yes, but the reason they have different spellings is connected to the fact that they have different connotations.

As for me being shallow, I'm Athiest and I certainly wouldn't be giving the little 'un trouble for his name, but if you think he'll go over there (maybe in 20 years attitudes will be different, lets all hope eh?) and not have people think he's taking the **** when he tells them his name, your in a dream world.

Imagine my mum calling me **** but saying its alright because it hasn't always been used as an insult.. Some people would still take offence.

Classic.....

Classic.....

So I give you a 110 word answer and the best you can muster up is narrowing in on four of them and giving a one word response.

Its a pity the Prime Ministerial debates have finished, you'd have done well on there!

So I give you a 110 word answer and the best you can muster up is narrowing in on four of them and giving a one word response.

Its a pity the Prime Ministerial debates have finished, you'd have done well on there!

In Ireland Taig,Tadhg is a very popular name, why would this be so if it was classed as an insult to the Catholics that are by far the majority of the population ?

In Ireland Taig,Tadhg is a very popular name, why would this be so if it was classed as an insult to the Catholics that are by far the majority of the population ?

I never said the kid would have problems in Ireland. I said there would be people in Northern Ireland, and maybe Scotland that would probably take offence.

Again, you're not understanding it. Tadhg is the name, Taig is the derived version which is the insult.

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Taig

There are people in the world with that as their surname, but the majority of results on a google search refer to Taig in the insult sense. Remember, she hasn't called him Tadhg, she's called him Taig.

Its like ***** and ******, similar spelling, completely different connotations..

I never said the kid would have problems in Ireland. I said there would be people in Northern Ireland, and maybe Scotland that would probably take offence.

Again, you're not understanding it. Tadhg is the name, Taig is the derived version which is the insult.

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Taig

There are people in the world with that as their surname, but the majority of results on a google search refer to Taig in the insult sense. Remember, she hasn't called him Tadhg, she's called him Taig.

Its like ***** and ******, similar spelling, completely different connotations..

I dont think there is any point going any further with you, you just keep going over the same old ground.

It is nothing like the words you so like to type.

How many people do you know of called n****r ?

For the last time, Tadhg is the Irish way of spelling it and Taig is just the English way of spelling it.

The same name!

So, why would it be one of the most popular names in Ireland if it is classed as an insult ?

So, why would it be one of the most popular names in Ireland if it is classed as an insult ?

Wasn't even in the top 50 in 2005, so I don't quite see how that makes it 'one of the most popular in Ireland.

Tadhg may indeed be a not very popular Irish boys name.

Taig from Wikipedia is ''Taig (also Teague, Teig and Teg) is a derogatory term for an Irish Catholic.

Rarely heard outside Northern Ireland and Scotland, Taig is a slur used to describe Irish Catholics and has been used mostly by loyalists in slogans such as "You’ve never seen a better Taig than one with a bullet in his back" [1] and "Don’t be vague, kill a Taig".[2]''

Wasn't even in the top 50 in 2005, so I don't quite see how that makes it 'one of the most popular in Ireland.

Tadhg may indeed be a not very popular Irish boys name.

Taig from Wikipedia is ''Taig (also Teague, Teig and Teg) is a derogatory term for an Irish Catholic.

Rarely heard outside Northern Ireland and Scotland, Taig is a slur used to describe Irish Catholics and has been used mostly by loyalists in slogans such as "You’ve never seen a better Taig than one with a bullet in his back" [1] and "Don’t be vague, kill a Taig".[2]''

No.64 in 2006

Should have just googled a little more Hal

Here we go again :roll: see my above posts

The same name but different spellings depending on which country you come from.

Quote from your favourite place Hal, wikipedia

Tadhg and its Anglicized form Taig are derogatory terms for Irish people, especially those with nationalistic leanings and also because the name had been so common. It has since been replaced by 'Paddy' and 'Mick

Now, do you class the names Paddy and Mick the same as you do N****r ?

Archived