Unusual Boys Names

The name Muhammad, if all 14 different spellings are included, is No2 in boys names in Britain, which is appalling when you think about it...no white British people are called Muhammad.
lol she's not going to call teh baby Mohammed or any other variation of it.

This thread isn't about that anyway, it's about uncommon and unusual names.

I think Decklen-Clayde sounds a good name for a boy. If Swift can do it, I can do it! ;)

No.64 in 2006

Should have just googled a little more Hal

Here we go again :roll: see my above posts

The same name but different spellings depending on which country you come from.

Quote from your favourite place Hal, wikipedia

Tadhg and its Anglicized form Taig are derogatory terms for Irish people, especially those with nationalistic leanings and also because the name had been so common. It has since been replaced by 'Paddy' and 'Mick

Now, do you class the names Paddy and Mick the same as you do N****r ?

Your taking the example out of context to try and cover what is in black and white. Taig isn't the English way of spelling it, because its used in Northern Ireland and Scotland as an insult. Its there on the site you used to try to prove your point. Go on, admit it.. the original point I made about the name and the way its spelt is correct - some people in Northern Ireland and Scotland will be offended, some amused. Your starting to sound desperate..

Your taking the example out of context to try and cover what is in black and white. Taig isn't the English way of spelling it, because its used in Northern Ireland and Scotland as an insult. Its there on the site you used to try to prove your point. Go on, admit it.. the original point I made about the name and the way its spelt is correct - some people in Northern Ireland and Scotland will be offended, some amused. Your starting to sound desperate..

Why ?

What have I taken out of context ?

Do you view Mick or Paddy the same as N****r ?

We're not talking about Mick or Paddy.

Is this how you got your post count up to 9,000+????

I'm saying Tadhg and Taig are like ***** and N****r. Both are spelt similar, one derives from the other, but one is a racist term and the other one isn't.

To be fair your starting to bore me now, I'd just like you accept that what I said originally about the poor lad ever going to Northern Ireland or Scotland is true - he could well face difficulties as a result of it.

And secondly, in the face of overwhelming evidence (you've not backed up your argument yet - I have with various websites) I'd like you to accept that Taig isn't just a name and the English spelling for Tadhg - its a completely seperate word which DERIVES from it but has completely different connotations.

What am I not being clear about?

Why ? What have I taken out of context ? Do you view Mick or Paddy the same as N****r ?
I think you've backed a loser here, jongo. Maybe it's an object lesson in not calling your children names of 'foreign' origin. Maybe she heard someone being called the name and liked the sound of it, not even realising the 'true' meaning?

I know of someone who has daughters called Bliss and Brie. I'm not sure how much sibling rivalry that could cause - calling your first born after a state of profound happiness and satisfaction and the second after a smelly old french cheese :D

We're not talking about Mick or Paddy.

Is this how you got your post count up to 9,000+????

I'm saying Tadhg and Taig are like ***** and N****r. Both are spelt similar, one derives from the other, but one is a racist term and the other one isn't.

To be fair your starting to bore me now, I'd just like you accept that what I said originally about the poor lad ever going to Northern Ireland or Scotland is true - he could well face difficulties as a result of it.

And secondly, in the face of overwhelming evidence (you've not backed up your argument yet - I have with various websites) I'd like you to accept that Taig isn't just a name and the English spelling for Tadhg - its a completely seperate word which DERIVES from it but has completely different connotations.

What am I not being clear about?

What the hell has my post count got to do with anything ?

You was boring me a long time ago, remember when I said it was pointless going any further with you ?

Bye.

I think you've backed a loser here, jongo. Maybe it's an object lesson in not calling your children names of 'foreign' origin. Maybe she heard someone being called the name and liked the sound of it, not even realising the 'true' meaning?

I know of someone who has daughters called Bliss and Brie ... calling your first born after a state of profound happiness and satisfaction and the second after a smelly old french cheese :D

I aint even going there with you Rubes ;)

And again the debate breaks down.

As I have also said previously, its a pity the Prime Ministerial TV debates have now finished because your style of question avoidance is definitely akin to the three chaps who participated in said debates.

We'll agree to disagree - its the adult thing to do..

A friend of mine went for Irish names for her boys, she's got Regan (which is slightly more common now than it was then) and Taig - I wasn't keen on Taig at first, but he's now 11 and I really like it (not heard of anybody else called that).

x

Thats a nice name. :D

Archived