Unusual Boys Names

Well, there's Mohammed, Mohammed and there's Muhammad, for a start. *huge wink*

Surely white brits called Mohammed have changed their name from their given (true) name for effect? In the way that Catholics choose their own middle name?

Surely white brits called Mohammed have changed their name from their given (true) name for effect? In the way that Catholics choose their own middle name?

Some converts may choose a new "Islamic" name on converting, Ladystar, that's correct, but what about the white converts who have children? They name their children with Islamic names.

Some converts may choose a new "Islamic" name on converting, Ladystar, that's correct, but what about the white converts who have children? They name their children with Islamic names.

There may be some who do yes - As yet I've yet to meet a white kid with a islamic name (and I meet a lot of kids in my work) so it's a fairly minority sport by the looks of it!

Which way do Catholics choose their middle name? - That's a new one on me.

There may be some who do yes - As yet I've yet to meet a white kid with a islamic name (and I meet a lot of kids in my work) so it's a fairly minority sport by the looks of it!

There may not be many male names, but May, Maya, Maria, Misha and Maryam are all female Muslim names.

• 2 weeks later...

i love unusual names,my name is summa ( said summer) and im 25 so it wasnt that heard of when i was born! when i was having my first boy i had pages and pages of names! i settled with Roman Joseph and my second Riley-Luca, these names have to last a liftime so i wanted something i really like!! good luck

Which way do Catholics choose their middle name? - That's a new one on me.

They don't, at least not in the way that PT suggests. They get to choose a confirmation name when they're confirmed - usually some saint or apostle or whatever, which they can use if they want.

I'm afraid I can't recall my confirmation name, I just have three my parents gave me. I'll have to ask my mum.

Archived