Unusual Boys Names

Frances is the girly, but Francis is definitely the boy one.

There are some god-awful names being bandied about on here. It reminds of me a line from some report I read to the effect that social workers and teachers learn to call children by the most bizarre names without batting an eyelid :)

A few teachers I know can also determine a child's likely grade with reasonable accuracy just from their name.

Adrian, Peter, Paul, names which were fairly common for young people in the 1960s but not today. Boys tend to be called something like Harry, Daniel, Simon or something daft like that.

I like Harry, Daniel & Simon. I also like William, Jonathan and Benjamin and can't imagine why you'd think these are daft names. I much prefer the traditional ones to anything made up. Thank goodness my son & d-i-l did too when they named their children - but I'd have been surprised if they'd picked anything else.

Xander - for a girl?

Isn't that short for Alexander? As in the bloke in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

There are some names proposed in this thread that I wouldn't saddle a cat with :hihi: . Still, it keeps the deed poll folk in business.

Xander - for a girl?

Isn't that short for Alexander? As in the bloke in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

There are some names proposed in this thread that I wouldn't saddle a cat with :hihi: . Still, it keeps the deed poll folk in business.

Xander/ sandy (as well as the more usual Alec/ alex) are diminutives of Alexander.

Sandra is the feminine (From Alexandra)

Archived