Unusual Boys Names

A friend of mine went for Irish names for her boys, she's got Regan (which is slightly more common now than it was then) and Taig - I wasn't keen on Taig at first, but he's now 11 and I really like it (not heard of anybody else called that).

x

Oops. Isn't that a Protestant insult for Catholics? A really bad word, its like calling your kid níggér or chink..

Lets hope he never has to go to Northern Ireland..

My little boy is called Charlie - plain, never gets misspelt, everyone knows it - its a great name but ive started shortening it when calling him to 'Charl' and everyone thinks im mad cause Charl is short for Charlotte/Charleene and not Charlie apparantly. Regardless of that though, I think going for a plain old name rather than something stupid (Charlie would have been Katie, spelt Kaytee had he been a girl. Yep slap me if you wish!!)

All pregnant people should shout the name of their choice out of their door (imagine calling your child in for tea when its older) and if you feel stupid shouting it - dont call it them! And for christ sake make sure the name wont cause the kid to get bullied!

my daughter likes the name mckenzie but her hubby dont like it.i quite like the name as it is unusual.and also it would suit as her other son is called harrison.just goes i think.she has 2 girls also freya and bethany.

A lot of kids have those names now so they are really not unusual. Have you looked back at what their grandparents or great-grandparents are called?

A lot of kids have those names now so they are really not unusual. Have you looked back at what their grandparents or great-grandparents are called?

well they call my dad trevor and i wanted her to put something like travis for a middle name.

Where is your family from and where are her fathers family from? Might be nice to give them a name which reflected their background, you can find some nice Yorkshire names if you look.

we were all born in sheffield but my daughter now lives in ireland...i would have liked her to give my new grandson a irish name.

I quite like the name *drum roll*........ Tiger. Some of my friends think I am mad for wanting to name my future (hopefully) child that but I really like it.

Archived