Teacher acquitted of attempted murder

I'm not doubting the kid deserved a beating, but I struggle to believe that he didn't intend to kill that child.

Doubt he'll offend again though and the kid's hopefully been knocked down a peg or two so not overly fussed like...

He may have attempted to kill the kid in the heat of the moment, he was quoted as saying "die, die, die" but if the kid had have died I believe that would have been manslaughter. There is no such thing as attempted manslaughter so he couldn't be charged with that!

A clip round the ear would have been sufficient,I think I would lose it with some of the teenagers today.

Years ago a clip round the ear would be expected for any disrespecting pupil but sadly, these days teachers have to stand back ... he must have really been goaded and at the end of his tether to react like he did.

Perhaps it's about time discipline in schools was brought back.

Years ago a clip round the ear would be expected for any disrespecting pupil but sadly, these days teachers have to stand back ... he must have really been goaded and at the end of his tether to react like he did.

Perhaps it's about time discipline in schools was brought back.

I think this has been said for years but due to so called do gooders it won't happen,think of their human rights.

Not according to the representitve from the teaching union inteviewed on TV this morning.

Didn't see it but even if he hasn't been banned from teaching, I can't see him being able to work at his old school and who would employ him as a teacher? If it happened again they would get the blame. His career must be over!

I'm a 100% supporter of teachers and believe a clip rond the earole is worth hours of reasoned talking to explaining the errors of their ways.

BUT bashing him over the head with a metal dumbell? No. He's lucky he didn't kill the kid.

The kids had sussed him out and knew he would go over the top if they wound him up.

To take a video recorder into class showed the degree of preplanning they put in to it.

It's a pity the rest of the staff weren't as aware of his mental state as the pupils were.

He should not have been at work.

The case should have never have gone to court on a charge of attemted murder. The judge got his comments right. I don't know what the CPS were thinking...

Well you know what the CPS stand for dont you

Criminals

Protection

Service

Didn't see it but even if he hasn't been banned from teaching, I can't see him being able to work at his old school and who would employ him as a teacher? If it happened again they would get the blame. His career must be over!
It was stated that it was up to the employers, I agree that it is unlikely that he will teach again in the same capacity but I do feel that there must be a place within the teaching process for him.

Archived