Teacher acquitted of attempted murder

I'm a 100% supporter of teachers and believe a clip rond the earole is worth hours of reasoned talking to explaining the errors of their ways.

I'm not sure I follow your logic.. i'd imagine most folk are happy the teacher got off.. he'd come back from sick leave far too soon, had a rough time, and finally lost it after being picked on by a well known trouble maker... but i'm not convinced there's a clear link to then say all kids should be beaten and not reasoned with..

BTW In reply to perplexed...I'd imagine it went to court because someone was assaulted with a heavy object.. duh....

After living in Mansfield for the past 11 years I can tell you most if not all are not that bright so wouldn't suprise me in the least with this.

The Police Farce (Nottinghamshire lowest scoring again in the table ) is spead as thin as butter on a burger van sarnie, crime is rife, high percentage of people are on the dole or live in the 80's still on miners strikes.

On my street for example , 2 out of the 30 houses had people working. Gangs of kids swarmed the streets drinking and no police ever turned up to stop it.

Oh and to make this current, today Gordon Brown visited the local school which is 15ft from my work in Blidworth, today is the only time i've ever seen a police car drive through Blidworth in 11 years of living and working there. Before that we had PCSO's that quit the jobs due to the fact they were 18 and the local secondary school pupils attacked him and run them out of the village.

The lack of telling these kids off is the top and bottom of this.

Years ago a clip round the ear would be expected for any disrespecting pupil but sadly, these days teachers have to stand back ... he must have really been goaded and at the end of his tether to react like he did.

Perhaps it's about time discipline in schools was brought back.

How can teachers dicipline the rabble in todays schools, when (imo) dicipline should start at home....well, we've all seen some of the 30 something parents, they're worse than the kids....:mad:

Wonder if along with new key objectives, diaries, pens, books etc... The teachers will

get given a dumbell before the start of term lol

Don't let this get off track or the usual numptys will dive in.

I think that it is fair to say that at the moment the incident took place the teacher was too vulnerable to be back in the classroom, I think that it would also be fair to say that teaching was a vocation to him and not a job otherwise he could have continued on sick leave, took early retirement, and made up his money by doing less stressful supply teaching.

It is more than obvious that this poor person was targeted not just once but on a regular basis but, on this occasion, he was set up to be videoed no doubt to later appear on 'Facebook'.

Maybe an internal enquiry into the conduct of the pupils is now due.

And for the record I don't condone what he did but I can understand why.

Don't let this get off track or the usual numptys will dive in.

You're already here.

On topic content:

There are plenty of schools with excellent discipline without the need to return to corporal punishment. Yes, parental support is essential but it also requires a strong management team and clear, adhered to, policies.

Archived