Could you cope with honest politicians?

No holds barred honest politicians ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. No holds barred honest politicians ?

• Yes, give it to me straight
    • Not on your Nelly, I'd rather not know
    • I'm confused

Here's a report from the Totally Honest Party -

The country is going bankrupt and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Mass unemployment is definitely on the cards.

We will have to raise tax to 60% across the board and even that is not likely to be enough.

We have no real policies that are any different from anyone elses because no-one has a clue what to do.

In twenty years time things will be much the same as now.

We want to have the euro so we can screw the British just like we did when we last changed the value of British money.

My wife is a dog who no man would look at twice, which is why we are married. I feel very secure.

I used to be a heroin addict which is why I want to legalise all drugs.

My mother is an alcoholic so I am lowering the cost of alcohol.

I feel so depressed - I really don't care about anything other than having lots of money in my pocket and a backup job to go to when I get booted out of office.

Thanks for your time.

"Hi peasants - I'm David Cameron but you can call me Dave. You know the one thing I hate is scroungers taking money from honest, down to earth, hard working, tax paying families. I'd round em all up and shoot em if I had my way. (Of course i don't mean myself and my expenses claimes which is totally different and entirely justified).

Now please vote for me because I went to Eton and I had a fag. "

No it would never work.

Most political parties screen their candidates, if only by asking "Is there anything in your private life that you should tell us about which may embarrass our party?"

And if a candidate should confess to "having had a life in the past" and/or "maybe admitting to still not being perfect now" - then it's at that point that political oblivion occurs!

Except for Liberal dems. They love a good scandle

"Hi peasants - I'm David Cameron but you can call me Dave. You know the one thing I hate is scroungers taking money from honest, down to earth, hard working, tax paying families. I'd round em all up and shoot em if I had my way. (Of course i don't mean myself and my expenses claimes which is totally different and entirely justified).

Now please vote for me because I went to Eton and I had a fag. "

No it would never work.

I started a thread on Clegg and mentioned , and this fact , that louis Theroux was Cleggy fag and it was his duty to wake Cleggy up in the morning. All this at one of londons poshest boarding schools... go to bed with Clegg , wake up with cameron. With louis Theroux bringing you breakfast .

My guess is most politicians start on the road to political life with good intention. To move forward you have to move up. Climbing the ladder to success means you have to rub shoulders with those already there. "There" I would bet = corrupt.

Take a look at the various election leaflets that have come through your letterbox on behalf of candidates (of all parties) currently standing in the local and parliamentary elections.

All these leaflets proclaim marital status, family details and a link to Sheffield or the council ward in which the candidate is standing.

I'm not sure that this is really of any interest to the voters, but maybe I could be wrong? Aren't voters more interested in what candidates say their policies are and what they want to achieve if elected?

It is of even less interest when this kind of detail is given about a rival candidate (as in a recent leaflet, where one party made a point of stating that a rival candidate currently lives outside the ward).

The more "information" I am given about a candidate's private life, the less convinced I am that they are able to represent the interests of their constituents.

"Vote for me because I'm me": If voters fall for this, they should not be surprised that their MP turns out to be self-serving.

Archived