Election debate..

Clegg is being quite smart I think. He says a few eminently sensible things, then sits back whilst the other two rip lumps out of each other.

No substance to his ideas though.

Ummm .. he brings about the saying .. "Wishey washey Liberal"

Browns attacking cameron alot, and including the word liberal every so often, .....and cameron is attacking the liberals....they have decided not to mention cleggs name, and its working.

Its effective - Clegg's just fluffed a statistic and got the figures completely wrong. They seem to have rattled him

They're talking education now, with both Cameron and Clegg talking about having their children in state primary schools. But, surprisingly, neither have said what they plan to do about secondary schools......... and Dimbleby was too kind to ask.

Hasn't Cameron already got his kids' names down for Eton?

And Clegg told the Evening Standard two years ago that his children were likely to go to Westminster School (Fees £28,000 a year), like he did.

If Clegg and the Liberal Democrats REALLY are going to build more council housing and increase the amount you can earn before paying tax from £6k to £10k then I think they'll get my vote.

I can claim more than £6k in benefits if I want without lifting a finger (except to sign).

I can get a council property, but only if I have a child, get diagnosed with mental illness or do a spell in prison (Or wait anywhere from 5-20 years).

A person in Sheffield needs an average wage of £36000 to buy an average priced property in Sheffield. Property is still twice the price it should be!

Home ownership is not an option for the majority on wages below the average, even those on double the average struggle. Where will they live? They are the majority.

In the 1980s the Conservatives sold council housing on mass and launched the largest prison building program since Victorian times!

Since Labour took power in the late 1990s they have knocked down council housing and built more prisons aswell!

People need houses, not cells, and of course, an incentive to work.

The legalisation and taxation of Cannabis would also be a welcome bonus!

Just listened to their summaries -

Cameron - "good times - bad times" "protect the vulnerable". Sounded hollow.

Clegg - a reasonable pitch for not voting for the two other parties - but not convincing enough I thought.

Brown - attacking Cameron & Clegg with various reasons why they are "not ready for government". Delivered with gravitas.

Brown - 1st.

Clegg - 2nd.

Cameron - 3rd.

Archived