Election debate..

If Clegg and the Liberal Democrats REALLY are going to build more council housing and increase the amount you can earn before paying tax from £6k to £10k then I think they'll get my vote.

I can claim more than £6k in benefits if I want without lifting a finger (except to sign).

I can get a council property, but only if I have a child, get diagnosed with mental illness or do a spell in prison (Or wait anywhere from 5-20 years).

A person in Sheffield needs an average wage of £36000 to buy an average priced property in Sheffield. Property is still twice the price it should be!

Home ownership is not an option for the majority on wages below the average, even those on double the average struggle. Where will they live? They are the majority.

In the 1980s the Conservatives sold council housing on mass and launched the largest prison building program since Victorian times!

Since Labour took power in the late 1990s they have knocked down council housing and built more prisons aswell!

People need houses, not cells, and of course, an incentive to work.

The legalisation and taxation of Cannabis would also be a welcome bonus!

Perhaps if you gave up the purchase of noxious substances, you would be able to afford to buy. There were 2 in the Telegraph this week advertised at c£36000. I don't think you need an income of £36,000 to buy one.

Just listened to their summaries -

Cameron - "good times - bad times" "protect the vulnerable". Sounded hollow.

Clegg - a reasonable pitch for not voting for the two other parties - but not convincing enough I thought.

Brown - attacking Cameron & Clegg with various reasons why they are "not ready for government". Delivered with gravitas.

Brown - 1st.

Clegg - 2nd.

Cameron - 3rd.

I think I'd put Clegg and Cameron second equal - Cameron did well by employing some sort of "ignoring Nick" thing and Clegg seemed to be a bit shaken by it and was quite weak as a result. If only Brown would stop doing that smile!

I think I'd put Clegg and Cameron second equal - Cameron did well by employing some sort of "ignoring Nick" thing and Clegg seemed to be a bit shaken by it and was quite weak as a result. If only Brown would stop doing that smile!

Instant Yougov poll

Cameron 41%

Clegg 32%

Brown 25%

Archived