Election debate..

I'm listening to the debate on the radio.

Gordon Brown sounds every bit a Prime Minister. David Cameron sounds evasive - especially over inheritance tax. Can't yet make my mind up how Nick Clegg sounds (but keeps stumbling occasionally with 'ums' and 'errs').

Didn't you also say that you thought that Brown won the first debate? Isn't it amazing how your imagination can follow your party's line.

Cameron is coming across badly tonight, Brown looks on better form and won the Inheritance Tax argument hands down.

As he should of course, it's indefensible to take money from the poor to give to the rich.

Did we ever imagine that you would be able to see anything different through your red glasses.:hihi::hihi:

Didn't you also say that you thought that Brown won the first debate? Isn't it amazing how your imagination can follow your party's line.

He must be wearing the same rose tinted specs as me because I thought the same Tonkatoy.

Perhaps if you gave up the purchase of noxious substances, you would be able to afford to buy. There were 2 in the Telegraph this week advertised at c£36000. I don't think you need an income of £36,000 to buy one.

I need not own a property, however I need one to live in. I'd rather rent one at expense to myself and benefit to the state/nation/community and let somebody else have it when I die.

Rent them both for £72k equivalent over 40-70 years, win-win-win. House a worker, house a person in need and future generations.

Just listened to their summaries -

Cameron - "good times - bad times" "protect the vulnerable". Sounded hollow.

Clegg - a reasonable pitch for not voting for the two other parties - but not convincing enough I thought.

Brown - attacking Cameron & Clegg with various reasons why they are "not ready for government". Delivered with gravitas.

Brown - 1st.

Clegg - 2nd.

Cameron - 3rd.

For the summary I see it differently.

Cameron - 1st, confident and reassuring

Clegg - 2nd, said he would be different but didn't sound too convincing

Brown - 3rd too negative about the other 2, not enough about what he would do, smile at the end didn't match what he was saying.

Archived