Election debate..

Same old labour....ignore what people think, and do what they want not what people need

I wonder why they bother to watch these debates. They only see what they want to see, and had already made up their minds about who "won" before a word was spoken. I watched the footy with a bottle of wine.

Picky :) ....I meant the one with the most votes should be in charge not the one who came 2nd or 3rd

Current polls suggest that none of the 3 will have a clear lead, so the only thing you can be certain of is that around 2/3rd of voters will NOT have voted for the 'winner'. Its also highly likely that Labour can come 3rd, and still win more seats that any other party.

A fair proportional system would put an end to this - yes it might take some time to sort out, and it might not always be easy, but its certainly preferable to the way that Thatcher and Blair were able to push through terrible legislation with no effective opposition.

Current polls suggest that none of the 3 will have a clear lead, so the only thing you can be certain of is that around 2/3rd of voters will NOT have voted for the 'winner'. Its also highly likely that Labour can come 3rd, and still won more seats that any other party.

A fair proportional system would put an end to this - yes it might take some time to sort out, and it might not always be easy, but its certainly preferable to the way that Thatcher and Blair were able to push through terrible legislation with no effective opposition.

If it was closer you may get legislation which will help the country, being blocked by a party which wants to screw the other one.

I wonder why they bother to watch these debates. They only see what they want to see, and had already made up their minds about who "won" before a word was spoken. I watched the footy with a bottle of wine.

Im voting Tory, and I dont mind admiting it. But its good to see what the other two say - It is hard trying to be objective though. It must be interesting be a in between voter, as they are looking at all 3 parties as equals.

I would prefer cider though :)

Cant you talk normally please (to wednesday),..... if labour increase the NI tax then there will be plenty of people in trouble.

I don't get why people are fixated on little tweaks to tax here and there. The effect of these little tweaks (which all the parties want to do) is piddling compared to the storm that is brewing on the financial markets and the general way the economy is heading.

People will feel stupid for ever worrying about mild increases in NI when the government is going cap in hand to the IMF and we're looking at austerity measures. And this is where we headed whatever government gets in.

I don't get why people are fixated on little tweaks to tax here and there. The effect of these little tweaks (which all the parties want to do) is piddling compared to the storm that is brewing on the financial markets and the general way the economy is heading.

People will feel stupid for ever worrying about mild increases in NI when the government is going cap in hand to the IMF and we're looking at austerity measures. And this is where we headed whatever government gets in.

Its more the knock on effect that im worried about.

Its more the knock on effect that im worried about.

I'm with you on this. I've watched the Japanese arrive here and set up motor manufacturing and electronic manufacturing plants in the 1980s. I have watched motor manufacturers such as Ford and Rover move all production overseas in recent years, and others moving large parts of their production to lower cost countries and all TV manufacturing shut down.

The legacy of our massive debt is going to be extra tax on UK manufacturers who will look around the world and find somewhere less taxing to their operations.

It scared me recently to hear Hargreaves Lansdown are moving to Switzerland because of our tax regimes. It was the 50% tax which tipped them over the edge, but instead of this increasing the tax they pay to the UK exchequer by around £10 million, it has cost the country about 600 jobs and a loss of £42 million in direct tax and far more in VAT etc.

Whoever forms the next government is in for some hard decisions, but it is those that built up our debts to current levels that are responsible for everything that is about to happen.

Same old Labour Party that we've had for 13 years.

Same old Nasty Party that we booted out in 1997.

The country needs a fresh approach.

The country needs a political earthquake.

Prime Minister Nick Clegg and the LibDems offer the best

future for every man, every woman and every child

in this country.

Brown and Cameron are both sinister bullies and should

not be trusted with our future.

Archived