Natwest bank problems.

Be careful when paying anything into your savings account.

I paid some money in last week then got a mini statement and the payment wasnt even on it. It never went in my account and now no one knows where it is:rolleyes:

To say im an unhappy chappy is a massive understatement:rant:

The same thing happen to my daughter has we are both with Natwest. The same day we both paid money into our accounts at different booths. I got a print out prof to show that i had paid in like i always do, my daughter did not take the offer of one, so yes her fault in a way with no evidence but she told me she always refused one and had no problems. Was not till the next day we was away for the day and she notice her account balance had not gone up and the payment did not show on her mini statement. She did get the money back in the end, but it took nearly a month to sort it all out.

• 2 years later...

Martin Lewis ‏@MartinSLewis

Im getting reports of #NatWestProblems? Are you finding it - cash machines / web access?

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 22:18 ----------

NatWestProblems Use alternate card if paying. Take precautionary cash with. Log access attempts for evidence in case prob turns our bigger

Martin Lewis ‏@MartinSLewis

Im getting reports of #NatWestProblems? Are you finding it - cash machines / web access?

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 22:18 ----------

NatWestProblems Use alternate card if paying. Take precautionary cash with. Log access attempts for evidence in case prob turns our bigger

Just been mentioned on ITV News at ten, a lot of people are having difficulies with Nat West, cash machines failing to pay out and accounts being frozen.

You have me worried now as I have put quite a few deposits in this last month but not checked my balance but I have kept every receipt for each deposit thank God!

I'm going to the cash machine in a bit to check.

We left them last year. At one point they lost some money we paid in. It turned up after a few weeks in a holding account for payments that couldn't reach their destinations, like when staff members accidentally mis-key an account number [ggrrrrrrrrr......]

The other thing that alarmed us was another part of the RBS group we had a credit card with had different records held by the bank to what we could see online. And in one of the accounts the balance didn't even add up correctly.

We're out of all RBS run accounts now.

You have me worried now as I have put quite a few deposits in this last month but not checked my balance but I have kept every receipt for each deposit thank God!

I'm going to the cash machine in a bit to check.

My balance is showing the correct amount so it's all good. :)

we left this bank years ago, we paid in a substantial amount that never showed up on our statement, we hit a brick wall with them refusing to do anything about it and even telling us that we hadnt paid anything in at all even tho we had our copy of the payment slip, because of this there was a shortfull when all the direct debits were due, including mortgage etc, we ended up with late payment fines all over the place and the account going into unauthorised overdraft, and then they even charged us fines for this making the overdraft even worse and charging us for letters sent to tell us about it, and it turned out our cheque had apparently 'fallen down the back of the cashiers drawer' we had to fight to get all our charges paid back to us and to get them to foot the bill for all the late fines to our direst debits and standing orders,,,, what a nightmare, to add insult to injury when we applied for a loan we were told no because our account had fallen into unauthorised overdraft within the last 12 months!! we had 3 accounts with them all with a reasonably decent amount in them and we closed them all and went elsewhere, id not touch this bank again , id rather keep it under the matress

Archived