A lighthearted look at other ways of taxing us.

Dithering around in supermarkets tax to be double if you block the aisles so you can have a gossip.

UFO tax. All ufo spotters to pay a one off tax and a per use tax for starting 'strange lights in the sky' threads on here.:nod:

Errrrmmmmm, What is that little round disc I purchase at great expense every year for my car, if it isn,t road tax???

That's your vehicle excise duty disc - that's why I suggested a footwear excise duty to be comparable.

Road tax was abolished in 1937 so, unless you're very old, you won't have ever paid it.

That's your vehicle excise duty disc - that's why I suggested a footwear excise duty to be comparable.

Road tax was abolished in 1937 so, unless you're very old, you won't have ever paid it.

Is that why people used to call it '' road fund licence '' ?

Tax:

Burberry cap wearing. A sliding scale depending on the angle it's worn at.

Tracksuit wearers when not exercising.

Tucking in aforementioned tracksuit bottoms into socks.

"Hard" walks...

Car stereos above a certain wattage.

Spitting in the street to look hard.

Oh, lots of other stuff...

Is that why people used to call it '' road fund licence '' ?

Dunno, but the roads are paid for out of general taxation. The other poster is quite right when they say that "road tax" was abolished in 1937.

Tax:

Burberry cap wearing. A sliding scale depending on the angle it's worn at.

Tracksuit wearers when not exercising.

Tucking in aforementioned tracksuit bottoms into socks.

"Hard" walks...

Car stereos above a certain wattage.

Spitting in the street to look hard.

Oh, lots of other stuff...

There should definatly be a tax on hard walks. Lol

eyesight tax - all people who can see will be fitted with special non removable glasses containing a RFID token operated shutter system that only open and allow you to see when you are in credit, RFID tokens can be purchases at town hall offices only

blind people are exempt, one eyed people get a discount, aliens and mutants with more than two eyes pay extra

as an incentive to pay after the shutters have been closed for ten minutes a small screen shows a video of John Prescott eating a pie in the bath

Archived