Boy survives for 2 days after Abortion

You are trying to make an argument over something that you don't have all the facts to. A woman decides to kill her child and the child was eventually killed. The result she wanted. So why should I feel sorry for her because it took a bit longer than she thought it would. She got the outcome she decided to go ahead with so what is your point. I don't feel sorry for her as she signed the consent form not the child. The child had no input but was strong enough to live and with a bit of care may have survived. How do you know the child just didn't have a little lisp or something.

You are trying to make an argument over something that you don't have all the facts to. A woman decides to kill her child and the child was eventually killed. The result she wanted. So why should I feel sorry for her because it took a bit longer than she thought it would. She got the outcome she decided to go ahead with so what is your point. I don't feel sorry for her as she signed the consent form not the child. The child had no input but was strong enough to live and with a bit of care may have survived. How do you know the child just didn't have a little lisp or something.

So what are all these facts you know that I don't?

omg this is terrible, poor poor baby, i could only read te first part as i was about to cry, im not against abortions, but before 12 weeks, after that then its a no go for me.

i know the baby was disabled but still even way too late to abort in my eyes

i cannot believe the doctors allowed this to happen, that poor baby, god this has really upset me

Every situation is different. Maybe the babies disability was a really extreme case?

With my first pregnancy 7 yrs ago, of which I wanted and tried for so much..I went along for my first scan which was at 15 weeks. I was told that my baby had a problem with his bladder..there was a blockage (posterior urethral valve). I went through a horrifying procedure twice to save him..but unfortunately it didnt work...

It was at 20 weeks that i had to have my labour induced because i was told that he would die whilst still inside me..or at the very best he would be born and survive only a few minutes..

I thought it best to not put him through anymore suffering..even though the outcome was devastating..and still is to this day..

So, anyone who thinks that the italian lady probably just did it without any thought..think again..there are always genuine thought out reasons behind the awful decisions we have to make...

As for the baby surviving after the labour..I really find it to be a disturbing thought..the poor little angel..

It's a nice way to try and get some emotion into it and get people on your side, but it was not a child, it was a foetus.

And second she was told it was disabled - of course it didn't just have a little lisp, what a stupid thing to say.

Read the story, it says it was suggested the baby was be disabled. Don't you think they would say how disabled the baby was in a post mortem. What a stupid thing to say it was not a child it was a foetus. The foetus was born alive making it a baby and not only that, it lived for a substantial amount of time. And then read the article at the bottom where in 2005 a foetus was attempted to be aborted 3 times but he is now 5 years old. Just spare a thought for the dead child that had no say in the matter.

Further research shows that 1 in 30 babies survive after abortion. After taking two tablets a lethal injection should be made to the heart to make sure the baby is not born alive but it dosn't always work. Some children survive and live a healthy life.

Read the story, it says it was suggested the baby was be disabled. Don't you think they would say how disabled the baby was in a post mortem. What a stupid thing to say it was not a child it was a foetus. The foetus was born alive making it a baby and not only that, it lived for a substantial amount of time. And then read the article at the bottom where in 2005 a foetus was attempted to be aborted 3 times but he is now 5 years old. Just spare a thought for the dead child that had no say in the matter.

What is the relevance of that?

They told the mother what the disability was after the ultrasound.

As has already been pointed out the decision a mother has to make in such situations is an incredibly difficult one, the more severe the disability the stronger the argument is that it would be cruel not to terminate the pregnancy. We have no idea the extent of the disability nor the difficult decision the mother had to make. To go from a lack of information to a condemnation of the mother's decision is ignorant.

The story is a tragedy, about negligence in a hospital. Something that should not have happened.

It is a further tragedy if the mother starts attracting blame for something outside her control, or for a decision she has made by people ignorant of all the facts about the case.

Archived