Belgium votes to ban burka

Whilst in Tangiers we were told there was no religious reason for a woman to wear a burka only to cover their hair. It was jealous husbands who insisted on them covering their faces.

This legislation could benefit women.

It's about time the women became an equal.

Why this obsession with burkas? Surely it would be better to ban teenage boys from wearing hoods on their heads and scarves pulled up over their faces? I think many people find them much more threatening than old women walking around wearing burkas.

Why this obsession with burkas? Surely it would be better to ban teenage boys from wearing hoods on their heads and scarves pulled up over their faces? I think many people find them much more threatening than old women walking around wearing burkas.

I agree up to a point,except how do you the people wearing the burka are old??lol you cant see their face and thats the whole point.;)

make your mind up,in your last post you was making a point of deriding the belguim goverments decision.:loopy:

I stand by what i said, but what have these women becoming an equal to a man got to do with belgium?

Archived