Vote Tory and you are voting to work until you are 66!

One of the interesting aspects of last night’s debate was confirmation from the Tories that we will all have to wait until we are 66 before we can claim our pension.

Personally I find this policy ridiculous and poorly thought out.

Surely at a time of high unemployment it makes sense to give the 65 year olds their pension and to pass their jobs on to the many unemployed people.

So if you don’t want to work an extra year then vote Labour or Liberal.

One of the interesting aspects of last night’s debate was confirmation from the Tories that we will all have to wait until we are 66 before we can claim our pension.

Personally I find this policy ridiculous and poorly thought out.

Surely at a time of high unemployment it makes sense to give the 65 year olds their pension and to pass their jobs on to the many unemployed people.

So if you don’t want to work an extra year then vote Labour or Liberal.

Are you serious? Do you really think that it is really that easy to replace the many years of experience that someone aged 65 would have accumulated?

It seems to be an inevitable trend, due to increases in life expectancy and the ongoing pensions crisis.

The state pension age is set to increase to 68 by 2050 with anyone aged less than 47 facing a longer working life, the work and pensions secretary, John Hutton, said today.

LINK

John Hutton. hhmmm... I wonder which party he's an MP for?

Like last time eh? unemployment 3 million +

Yeah but everyone knows that was all Maggies fault and she aint around to cause that again is she - so we should be alright at about 2 million *nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine point four.

Archived