Vote Tory and you are voting to work until you are 66!

Are you serious? Do you really think that it is really that easy to replace the many years of experience that someone aged 65 would have accumulated?

No I do agree with you, the transition should start before this but nevetheless the retiring people free up jobs for the unemployed and to keep them in work longer seems to provide no benefits at all as it will cost more to keep the young people unemployed than paying pensions out to retired peopl.

It seems to be an inevitable trend, due to increases in life expectancy and the ongoing pensions crisis.

LINK

John Hutton. hhmmm... I wonder which party he's an MP for?

Agree I don't like the idea from any party but the Tories are bringing it in shortly and this will affect people very soon.

The Tory plan merely alters the dates at which certain changes will take place; it doesn't introduce anything new. To present that as "Tories will make everyone work a year longer" is what is technically known as a lie.

It would be a lie if "Tories will make everyone work a year longer" was stated but as it isn't then it is not a lie.

But to put it differently, if the Tories get in then the vast majority of us will have to work an extra year before we get our state pensions.

Which quite frankly doesn't appeal to me!

Oh this is just the start. Because of the last 13 years of Gordon Brown and Labour our nation is now so indebted that out grandchildren will still have the yoke of Labour debt in 45 years from now.

You think 66 is a problem? If you're in your 30's you can expect a retirement age of around 75 thanks to Labour and Gordon Brown.

Really, my children will have considerably more to inherit than they would have in 1997.

How about yours, will they be inheriting more or less?

Change the record SHYTOT!:hihi:

I don't know what you are trying to prove here, but I should perhaps point out that I am the person who actually nominated our local Labour candidate to stand in the forthcoming General Election, and my endorsement is in the party's fliers. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything in the manifesto or support Gordon Brown. Nor does it mean I can't criticise policy and debate issues on here.

It is nut jobs like you and Damien McBride that get the Labour Party a bad name and probably put off thousands of main stream voters from giving their support.

I don't know what you are trying to prove here, but I should perhaps point out that I am the person who actually nominated our local Labour candidate to stand in the forthcoming General Election, and my endorsement is in the party's fliers. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything in the manifesto or support Gordon Brown. Nor does it mean I can't criticise policy and debate issues on here.

It is nut jobs like you and Damien McBride that get the Labour Party a bad name and probably put off thousands of main stream voters from giving their support.

Nowt to do with Gordons slimy smile then ?

Really, my children will have considerably more to inherit than they would have in 1997.

How about yours, will they be inheriting more or less?

Your children will be paying off the debt Labour have got us in long past you have turned up your toes. They'll also have to pay 40% inheritance tax on the house and estate you leave them if Labour stay in.

Archived