Vote Tory and you are voting to work until you are 66!

Sorry, but I'm going to have to push you here.

You are the one with the assertions that Conservative policy is wrong. Please show us why they are wrong rather than why you think they are wrong.

Alternatively you can retract your assertion that Conservative policy is wrong, or say that you are wrong.

I really don't know how many times I need to say this but without the methodology for the calculations then this is impossible to do, this leaves the only alternative to try and second-guess their thinking and this is what I've done.

Perhaps sooner or later someone who supports this wretched party could explain their thinking and then we can all debate it with the relevant information you require.

Until then I await someone finding an argument that counters mine and I suspect I'm going to be waiting a long time.

You're not getting away with this one. There can be no counter argument yet because you haven't made your case.

You are telling everyone that Conservative policy is wrong. Please explain why.

You're not getting away with this one. There can be no counter argument yet because you haven't made your case.

Titanic, just like his/her beloved party does not understand the concept of being wrong and admitting it. Labour like to bury bad news while Titanic just vanishes for a few days only to reappear with the same old rubbish.

Work till I 'm 66 ? Yippee ! I 'm still working at the age of 68......and enjoying it. I 'm not in the U.K., however.......but if I could work in my job, in the U.K., at the age of 66, that would be a boon, not a punishment.

I 've found that those now in their 40 's, 50 's, 60 's & 70 's [ provided they are physically fit enough to work at X or Y profession ], are more reliable, capable and productive than those who are younger. The young ones always seem to be ill, pregnant, hungover, emotionally ' disturbed '...... plain bonkers ......or stupid. Employ the older ones and get value for money !!

I'm not explaining that to you again!

Anyway, I'll make this really simple for you, if you want to work until you are 66 vote Tory, 65 vote Labour or Liberal.

Hope that isn't too difficult for you to comprehend!

Work till I 'm 66 ? Yippee ! I 'm still working at the age of 68......and enjoying it. I 'm not in the U.K., however.......but if I could work in my job, in the U.K., at the age of 66, that would be a boon, not a punishment.

I 've found that those now in their 40 's, 50 's, 60 's & 70 's [ provided they are physically fit enough to work at X or Y profession ], are more reliable, capable and productive than those who are younger. The young ones always seem to be ill, pregnant, hungover, emotionally ' disturbed '...... plain bonkers ......or stupid. Employ the older ones and get value for money !!

Anticipates a posting about the country being worth £9 trillion. :D:D:D

Labour introduced the Pension Reform Act in 2007 which increases the state pension age to 68.

I'm not explaining that to you again!

Anyway, I'll make this really simple for you, if you want to work until you are 66 vote Tory, 65 vote Labour or Liberal.

Hope that isn't too difficult for you to comprehend!

Not good enough - you haven't explained it once.

Why is Conservative policy wrong?

Labour introduced the Pension Reform Act in 2007 which increases the state pension age to 68.

Not good enough - you haven't explained it once.

Why is Conservative policy wrong?

I'll copy this from a previous post which explains why I believe the policy is wrong, feel free to offer an opinion on my thoughts or provided us with evidence that explains where the projected savings come from.

That would be difficult without knowing the calcualtions theyve used.

But I'll have a try using myself as an example:

If I reach 65 as things stand I get a Pension of £110 a week or whatever the current rate is, I own my home and I have no dependant children so I get no other help.

I then free up a job for someone unemployed, he may be single and claiming Housing Benefit, or he may have a family and be claim all Benefits available.

So he takes my job and the welfare bill reduces immediately by his weekly total, whilst only giving me £110 a week.

His sums don't add up, the man is an idiot and shouldn't be trusted with these decisions.

I'm 24 and I've known for years that there's absolutely no chance I'll be retiring on a state pension at 65. There's simply too many older people to pay for and decreasing numbers of younger people. If the Tories want to knock it up a year now then yes it's important for those approaching that age but for everyone else it's immaterial.

Archived