ADHD? or an excuse for bad behaviour?

Or...previously kids were labelled bad because no one took the time or had an inclination as to the behaviour of kids?

You mentioned one label then go further to say "lots". And they are?

Or...previously kids were labelled bad because no one took the time or had an inclination as to the behaviour of kids?

You mentioned one label then go further to say "lots". And they are?

excuses excuses! previously known as bad as they have no boundries starting at home, now fashionably labelled as ADHD and other labels i can think of Bi-polar, ocd and variations of the above, ok maybe not lots but several.Ok

excuses excuses! previously known as bad as they have no boundries starting at home, now fashionably labelled as ADHD and other labels i can think of Bi-polar, ocd and variations of the above, ok maybe not lots but several.Ok

Have you got s link to the rersearch which demonstrates ADHD kids have parents who set them no boundaries?

Bi Polar and OCD are completely different from ADHD and are not usually accompanied by uncontrollable rowdy behaviour.

there are other thread (s?) on this elsewhere on the forum.

AS someone who has ADHD herself, (I had it before it was widely recognised : At the age of one, my parents asked the doctor to put me on "knock-out drops" because I couldn't/ wouldn't sleep.) I would say it certainly is a real condition. Some children ARE disruptive because of the ADHD. Some children aren't, some are just plain naughty. Others "play up" (like my cousin's lad), when exposed to certain colourants in food and sweets. (such as certain yellow e-numbers)

Maybe you should really read some books, so you can gain some knowledge to go with your opinions.

Do you have the foggiest idea what bipolar and OCD actually refer to?

And what are these 'variations'? Do the labels come in different colours?

We used to believe that a wart on the nose or the possession of a Black cat warranted the ducking stool. We have moved on from those comforting principles. The human mind and body is very complex. Thanks to the advancement of science we are slowly understanding how we work.

How simple it is to point and say "bad boy" when in reality life isn't that simple. You can either recognise that concept or carry on with the equivalent of the Spanish inquisition...you just need a steady outstretched arm with a pointy finger on the end.

Archived