Smacking your child

I've smacked my kids and every single time it's got nothing to do with teaching them a lesson and all to do with me feeling the rage and releasing the tension.

Whether they can learn a lesson from that, I don't know.

It's the idea of 'controlled smacking' that I find odd, as the act should never be detached from the emotion involved . . . if that makes sense.

how can they say that smacking your child will soon be against the law i dont me beating them just a smacked bottom when they are teachers getting away with beating the living daylights out of a pupil with a dumb bell it stinks its 1 rule for 1 and another rule for another

Do you know the full facts behind the teacher hitting the teen with a dumbell?

The guy has been teaching for 20 years with a good rep. He has major family problems at home, and of top of that, his class were pushing him to the limits where he cracked.

Smacking children is never right...it is lazy parenting and if people say that it is to keep their child safe or "shock" them into good behaviour they are ignorant. Explaining to a child why they should not do something works far better...if they do bad things then taking toys or privileges works far better.

Archived