What should be the first piece of legislation after next Thursday?

We see lots of negative threads on here so let’s all (irrespective of political preference) indicate what we’d like the new government of whichever persuasion to implement straight away.

I’m going to go for something similar to a Libdem proposal and have a one-off Property Tax but on properties worth over £750,000 and this would be 5% of the value and all the money raised would go towards building new homes.

Any policy welcome, either serious or non-serious.

The United States are extending the life of their Trident submarines by 40 years.

Prime Minister Nick Clegg could do the same and save

five thousand million pounds of my money and your money.

This would allow more time for Prime Minister Nick Clegg to

rethink the British nuclear strategy.

Knock a quid off a litre of petrol (yes, I'm serious), bring our troops home, abolish once and for all the ID card proposal, reverse the business rates increase , abolish the criminal's charter Human Rights Act, pull out of Europe within the next 10 years (sooner if possible) but increase VAT to 20% and perhaps increase stamp duty on houses above £750,000.

Add to that, build more prisons and finally, turn off every traffic light in the country.

We see lots of negative threads on here so let’s all (irrespective of political preference) indicate what we’d like the new government of whichever persuasion to implement straight away.

I’m going to go for something similar to a Libdem proposal and have a one-off Property Tax but on properties worth over £750,000 and this would be 5% of the value and all the money raised would go towards building new homes.

Any policy welcome, either serious or non-serious.

The Lib Dem policy of no one paying tax until they are earning at least £10.000 a year should be brought in pronto! This to be paid for by those who have more than they need. And scrap Tridant! I understand this is to cost us One Billion.

nationalise all the boozers and make it a £1 a pint...all the buses and trains also a £1 a go....the aircraft and make it another £1 a trip...all the fuel/gas/electricity at a £1....then rename the country....POUNDLAND UK

Archived