Are GHDs really the best straighteners? Is this a bargain?

I just looked on GHD website they have a list of genuine GHD online retailers and that website is not one of them, why dont you ring GHD and confirm. I fell foul of phoney GHD staighteners in past when I tried to register them with GHD they told me they were counterfeit and I should only buy from reputable retailers all of which are listed on their website

I've just had a look at that website and if you did actually get any straighteners sent by them, I'd put money on them being fake. The only contact info in it that I can find is a gmail email address and a lot of the text is poorly written gobbledigook. Unfortunately GHDs just are really expensive (and not very reliable either!). They are very very good, though.

I've just had a look at that website and if you did actually get any straighteners sent by them, I'd put money on them being fake. The only contact info in it that I can find is a gmail email address and a lot of the text is poorly written gobbledigook. Unfortunately GHDs just are really expensive (and not very reliable either!). They are very very good, though.

Thanks for that.

How long do they last for generally?

Thanks for that.

How long do they last for generally?

I think I'm on my 4th pair, and thats in about 10 years. I know you can send them back for repair when they are faulty although I've never done this.

For what its worth (and this is really anecdotal) but someone in a pub once told me (see, I said it was anecdotal) that the best cheap alternative are by Morphy Richards, this person worked there and reckoned that MR made their straighteners by taking apart a pair of ghd's and copying the technology. But, like I said, random person in a pub so take with a pinch of salt

I think I'm on my 4th pair, and thats in about 10 years. I know you can send them back for repair when they are faulty although I've never done this.

For what its worth (and this is really anecdotal) but someone in a pub once told me (see, I said it was anecdotal) that the best cheap alternative are by Morphy Richards, this person worked there and reckoned that MR made their straighteners by taking apart a pair of ghd's and copying the technology. But, like I said, random person in a pub so take with a pinch of salt

Thanks. I've heard the She straightners are made in the same factory as GHDs but on the other and I've read some bad reviews about them!

Archived