Are GHDs really the best straighteners? Is this a bargain?

I've had my GHDs just over a year, and the wires faulty, they've taken a beating from the girls using them week in week out before a night out, all the hair sprays and ****ty products that they have to straighten through, they've been little stars but slowly dying now :( Gonna buy some more soon coz I swear by them, will take better care of this pair though :S haha. Well worth the money I think, but i've heard she are also good?! x

I'm pretty sure GHD have a 2 year warranty so you should be able to send them back and get a new pair.

• 4 years later...

old thread but

iv had my ghd's 7 years now always been great last week i went into my local salon for a cut and blow the lady straightened my hair with a pair of pink non ghd's omg my hair felt fantastic shiny soft and looked healthy she said ghd's after a while arnt as good and recommend i change mine for a newer set

i have used mine since and dont have the same effect as the salon ones

anyone else recommend an other brand or changed ghd's??

thanks

I fell foul of buying fake GHDs a few years ago and like others have said when I tried to register them on the website the number wasn't recognised. They also don't get nowhere near as hot as GHDs do.

I got a pair of GHDs last year for my birthday and love them, I can see what all the fuss is about. I left my non-GHD straighteners at my folks when I moved out and I used them at the weekend and they don't compare.

Archived