How do you choose music

Change from all the political stuff.

To start with I am going out on a limb here as I have no proof to back up this statement, but I'm going to risk it anyhow - We all have our favourite type of music.

So you listen to a particular group most of the time - how do you find if you like a different group, or even different type of music? Do you get suggestions from other people; happen to catch part of a song being played somewhere and think - "Ooo that sounds good"; just browse different groups all the time in search of those that sound okay; or something else.

I'm genuinely interested in how you choose what you will listen to.

I'm genuinely interested in how you choose what you will listen to.

Years of experimenting, trying different things. Of course other people are a big influence as well... my friends have introduced me to certain people/ groups I'd never heard of before. My brother is into a lot of obscure bands that I'd probably never have discovered myself.

You don't particularly go for any interesting CD covers then? (And then find out the music is not to your tastes usually in my case).

LOL! NO! That's dumb man :hihi::hihi::hihi:. Ohhh pretty cover... must buy it lol!

Sorry.

No need to appologise. I have done some pretty dumb things of which buying a CD because I liked the cover is just one.

Do you find it annoying when you buy a CD and find there is only one track on there that you actually enjoy?

No need to appologise. I have done some pretty dumb things of which buying a CD because I liked the cover is just one.

Do you find it annoying when you buy a CD and find there is only one track on there that you actually enjoy?

I don't think it's ever happened. I check out the tracks before I buy the album... also, I haven't bought an actual CD since about 2002. :hihi:

Actually, I bought about 50% of the records I used to buy that way and I don't think I ever bought a single thing I didn't like. Although I did tend to buy them all from Kenny's Records on the Whicker and all from the Rock'n'Roll side of the shop.

I had less success buying follow up records by bands whose first record I'd like. A lot of follow ups never had the quality of the first.

Recommendations mostly. And not just from people I've found that sometime's Itunes recommendations are brilliant, that's how I discovered a couple of my favorite bands.

Also magazines, I've discovered quite a few bands and guitarists from Total Guitar magazine.

I've never bought anything because of an interesting cover.

Recommendations mostly. And not just from people I've found that sometime's Itunes recommendations are brilliant, that's how I discovered a couple of my favorite bands.

Also magazines, I've discovered quite a few bands and guitarists from Total Guitar magazine.

I've never bought anything because of an interesting cover.

Can we just get over the fact that I'm an idiot okay? :hihi:

Archived