How do you choose music

I've just posted a few on the music thread if you wanna have a gander DragonofAna. ;)

Erm :blush: I did not even know there was one until you pointed it out. Erm ... :blush:

I tend to log on and spend all my time in here. No doubt this will get moved then at some time or other. :blush:

Oooo look - there are other sections as well. Amazing!

Actually I reckon I will have a look at that and then return to living in here.

eh? How does that work then?

A hacker in your iTunes account?

I think the point is that you like what you like, you don't make a choice, you just know you like it when you hear it. I think this is mostly true, but some people buy music because they think they should like it.

When you look at most kids, teenagers, and young adults they all seem to "like" the same sort of music. This is certainly how I remember things. We all went to The Limit, and went to the same concerts. Shared conversations about how brilliant the latest XYZ album was etc.

People rarely choose their friendships based on the music they liked, but seem to decide what music they like as a group.

Perhaps these observations lends some support to what JFKvsNixon is saying?

Anyway, I recall being at University when I formulated my own ideas about what sort of music I actually liked, which was quite different as it happened from what my friends liked, though we still share many similarities.

Perhaps it's no coincidence that this was the same time as I began to ditch my religious indoctrination as well. :huh:

There is a reason for my asking.

I started with the music my parents liked to listen to; then went through the AC/DC, Black Sabbath phase; then onto Genesis and Floyd; even a bit of Simon and Garfunkel.

Then my tastes changed completely when I was introduced by an ex to Rasmus; and my kids introduced me to Nickleback; and my brother in law introduced me to Enigma. Another ex introduced me to Jethro Tull.

But the last couple of groups I have found a liking for have been songs I caught an earful off from mtv - era and Blue October.

I seem to have drained all the people around me of decent music so wishing to expand my tastes is the reason for me asking.

People rarely choose their friendships based on the music they liked, but seem to decide what music they like as a group.

My circle of friends from my youth all liked different music, and I most definitely have chosen friends because of their taste in music, it is important to me. For a long time back when I was at school I couldn't find anyone that liked the sort of music I liked.

There is a reason for my asking.

I started with the music my parents liked to listen to; then went through the AC/DC, Black Sabbath phase; then onto Genesis and Floyd; even a bit of Simon and Garfunkel.

Then my tastes changed completely when I was introduced by an ex to Rasmus; and my kids introduced me to Nickleback; and my brother in law introduced me to Enigma. Another ex introduced me to Jethro Tull.

But the last couple of groups I have found a liking for have been songs I caught an earful off from mtv - era and Blue October.

I seem to have drained all the people around me of decent music so wishing to expand my tastes is the reason for me asking.

I really would recommend checking out itunes recommendations, that's how I discovered two out my current three favorite bands.

Archived