How do you choose music

Change from all the political stuff.

To start with I am going out on a limb here as I have no proof to back up this statement, but I'm going to risk it anyhow - We all have our favourite type of music.

So you listen to a particular group most of the time - how do you find if you like a different group, or even different type of music? Do you get suggestions from other people; happen to catch part of a song being played somewhere and think - "Ooo that sounds good"; just browse different groups all the time in search of those that sound okay; or something else.

I'm genuinely interested in how you choose what you will listen to.

I do searches on youtube or amazon. I found a few bands which i started listening to.

Sad I know but..................I've twice been in Q for solving the spine message :help:

Sadder ... I was in Smash hits in the 80s with a couple of odes to Kate Bush and a letter about a haircut!

Sad I know but..................I've twice been in Q for solving the spine message :help:

Sadder ... I was in Smash hits in the 80s with a couple of odes to Kate Bush and a letter about a haircut!

Sadder still - I don't know either of you from Adam, but you are both more attractive now! :love::roll::help:

I was 30 something the first time in Q44 - and recently in Q285 - only 20 years on.

Ah ... I retract my "sadder" claim, then. I was in my late teens ... early twenties at the most.

Kate.

When I see you my heart goes "whoosh"

But on the floor my tears go "sploosh"

[can't remember the next line explaining the tears]

For just one sniff of your dark silken locks

I'd eat twenty pairs of second hand socks

If sugar lumps felt half of what I feel for thee

They'd hurl themselves willingly into your tea.

Instant fame in the Bolton area! Hmm... maybe I should write to MOJO about my admiration of Joanna Newsome....

to be honest, I have a collection of over 500,000 tracks on my PC, as well as endless CD's etc, as well as Spotify... I just listen to what i'm in the mood for at the time...

I have however spent hours and hours skipping through playlists trying to find something that makes me go "Ah, that's the stuff" when i'm unsure what sort of mood i'm in...

I like ALL music, its more of I dislike odd tracks than whole genre's...

Archived