Is this a scam? DHL email

I received this by email last week (23rd April) and can't remember having sent a DHL parcel, I have been busy and could've forgotten but don't even have a DHL account.

Is it a scam? I've not opened the attachment but didn't want to delete in case it was something genuine!

Subject: DHL Delivery Problem NR.57964

Email:

Hello!

Unfortunately we failed to deliver the package you have sent on the 22nd of March in time

because the addressee's address is not correct.

Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our department.

DHL International.

Anyone?

Thank you :D

There's something in the back of my mind about this type of thing being a scam or something ... just be careful! I don't suppose there's any urgency anyway. Surely the recipient would have been onto you by now moaning they hadn't received their order?

I see you've already been given chapter and verse by the expert! Great work, cgksheff!

Definitely a scam. I've seen a few warning about this sort of email. Also had several from other 'delivery companies'.

Several warning signs - the English language sounds a little strange (don't you think? Like 'collect the parcel at our department' - where? the jaunty 'hello' at the start - you would nearly always be addressed by name if it referred to a specific order)

Also, the email address, if it was really a generic 'delivery@..' for a business, would not have one person attached to it, like this 'Maggie Cassidy'. It would say something like 'DHL Customer Services (..email address..)'

You would have a reference number as well as a telephone number or some sort of link too in case you needed to contact the company.

Archived