Metalheads where are you?

jooelz

I run a rock night at the White Bear in Ecclesfield on Fridays and at the Moorfoot Tavern on Saturday nights. It's mostly classic rock that I play and I do requests, so cover most spectrums of the rock scence. The beer is cheap in the Moorfoot Tavern too!:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Classic Rock

I run a rock night at the White Bear in Ecclesfield on Fridays and at the Moorfoot Tavern on Saturday nights. It's mostly classic rock that I play and I do requests, so cover most spectrums of the rock scence. The beer is cheap in the Moorfoot Tavern too!:thumbsup:

Hey what happened to CHA-CHA's on saturday night? Been away from Sheff for a few weeks and everything seems to have changed yet again.......

The Nelson is great and works really well but a tad small: The Sportsman is going quickly downhill FAST since it changed landlords, the Dove and Rainbow is fine but not really a rock venue as such as it is more alternative and punk based

Yes there is, I've been doing a rock night at the Moorfoot for the last few weeks on Saturdays and it's building up all the time. Great atmosphere. Cheap corp tickets. Cheap beer. Cha Chas didn't like the bikers coming in so knocked it on the head. Also supposedly refitting out the bar to attract the trendies instead.

I've been trying to get another venue but the costs in town are laughable. One bar was available but when I told them what I had planned for it they quickly told me that this was not appropriate and cut off communication with me! Poor old rock music. It gets such a hard time. Still I'm still there, filling up other people's boozers for them. Rumour has it that the Casbah want me to DJ for them soon for a couple of nights a week. Will update my thread on my whereabouts as and when there are further changes.

Yes there is, I've been doing a rock night at the Moorfoot for the last few weeks on Saturdays and it's building up all the time. Great atmosphere. Cheap corp tickets. Cheap beer. Cha Chas didn't like the bikers coming in so knocked it on the head. Also supposedly refitting out the bar to attract the trendies instead.

I've been trying to get another venue but the costs in town are laughable. One bar was available but when I told them what I had planned for it they quickly told me that this was not appropriate and cut off communication with me! Poor old rock music. It gets such a hard time.

Tell me about it!!! Must check out the Moorfoot Tav.....its been a good few years since I sunk a pint in there!!! Not too far from the Nelson either. Tell me Buffy do they have any real ale on down there, as Cha'cha's at least did some superb brain destroying real cider!!!!

They've got some cask but it's not local brewery real ale. Bring a crowd with you, will ya?

You know whats its like getting classic rock people to go out these days? Its a real struggle.....babysitters.....too old and knackered....cant be bothered....watching Big brother videos......saving myself for a week on Friday...no money as its not payday for another 6 years, etc

ARGHHHHHHHHH.

Totally out of touch with the bottom of the Moor......its an area almost forgotten about by half the population.....which means no annoying trendies I guess which is a GOOD thing!

Archived