Metalheads where are you?

jooelz

Originally posted by jooelz

:suspect::confused::roll::sad::huh: sorry. but compared to how sheffield used to be for rock nights - its terrible now. there used to be the wap,rebels,roxy's (on a monday night),mailcoach,hallamshire hotel,hornblower,yorkishiremans arms,frog & parrot and the drop and they were cheap for entrance and drinks. no offence to anyone,but what have we got now????. rebels used to be open 6 nights a week and was fantastic. the corp :gag:is rubbish - its far 2 expensive and plays terrible music,the casbah is the same. we need more clubs that are cheap and decent, and more pubs. well,thats my rant over with. does anone agree or disagree with me.:

Well, everything always seems better in the old days doesn't it? But with the Casbah starting all its new rock nights and new rock bars like the Nelson, plus of course the various other pub rock nights springing up like Moorfoot Tav, etc, its beginning to liven up a bit. But things will never be the same of course... its just not possible...

If anyone out there is into the more stoner end of rock (kyuss, queens, isis etc...) we at ninehertz.co.uk have a great gig this saturday 1st Oct at DnR Live (fka under the boardwalk):

Dirty Blood - Fantastic female fronted Sheffield rock 'n' roll band - like a cross between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Queens of the Stone Age.

Outburst - Big stoner rock grooves from Leicester, in an Orange Goblin or Alabama Thunderpussy vein, with a hint of Anthrax style metal.

Mothertrucker - Instrumental Black Sabbath riff worship from Birmingham, with post-rock passages reminiscent of Mogwai.

Grifter - Rough stoner rock from Plymouth that brings to mind the likes of Scissorfight or Clutch.

it's a mere £4 & doors at at 7.30pm.

for more stoner/doom/whatever related stuff, including a review of the Dirty Blood demo, checkout ninehertz.co.uk

:headbang:;):D:clap::banana: THE BIGGEST,BADDEST AC/DC

cover band 'LIVEWIRE' are playing @ the Boardwalk tonight -1/1/05. If you love metal,you must go to see these. theyll blow you away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::clap:

what was that nighclub called by the side of the market?? the place ya shoes stuck to the carpet , where you could put ya drink down and it would still be there the week after , the place you took ya life in ta ya own hands just queing up the stairs . that was great a feww jars in the sportsman them of to the wop and then on to this place and for the life of me cant remember its name

Originally posted by happyhippy

Ah Rebels, ............ place of my dreams ............

Indeed....they will still be mentioning its name in a hushed tone in 100 years time.......Rebels....Rebels.......I think it has a place in Sheffields history for ever and ever....

Archived