Metalheads where are you?

jooelz

I may have to re-activate my old dream of establishing a new rock-bar/club in Sheffield.....its just finding the time to do it because it would swallow so much of it.....the market is crying out for more rock/alt pubs/club-nights.....yes, time to put some feelers out again......renewed vigour and all that.:heyhey: :heyhey:

The Moorfoot is definitely closer than The White Bear or Horse and Jockey so I may amble down one evening. The main problem I find nowadays is so many of the rockers my age are now married with two kids and a civilised social life [bottle of wine with tennis club pals] so they wont frequent rock venues. I suspect it makes them feel old and past it but I still enjoy a rock environment as long as it's not impossibly loud, that's not an age thing it's just my personal preference and always has been. So although I know the Moorfoot is a fairly large pub how would people describe the noise level?

I control the noise level at the Moorfoot on Saturdays. It's loud as rock ought to be, but not unbearable. You can still talk and be heard.

As for age. As a thirty something myself, I've noticed on the Buffy Roadshow that most of the crowd tend to be thirty something plus. Worry not :cool:

First night out at the Moorfoot last Saturday with my mate little Jackie and I must admit I was well impressed. Great music/DJ, Plenty of cheap beer on the flow and the location was spot on..:thumbsup:

A lot better then Cha Cha’s which I thought was way too big and badly positioned.

Needless to say I’ll be there again next weekend, rockin’ my ass off, bye bye Nelson’s

In view of the positive posts I'll have a wander down to the Tavern one Saturday soon. I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to my saturday nights as there aren't many places I feel comfortable when I'm glammed up.

Archived