Metalheads where are you?

jooelz

MOORFOOT TAV rock night: Cool venue, much better and more 'rock like' than CHA CHAS. No real ale but a good atmosphere and love the proper old trad style pub interior, none of this horrible open plan wine bar crap.

Will be back......top tunes Buffy!!!!

What I love about you is you always play a great unpredictable set including some relatively 'not heard this for years' stuff.

Sounds good ! Must give it a try soon. I was a bit reluctant to believe that a rock night would be good there (til i read the last couple of comments), as I catch my bus home from the stop opposite quite regularly, and it looks like a heck of a scarey pub !

Originally posted by Pauline BHG

Sounds good ! Must give it a try soon. I was a bit reluctant to believe that a rock night would be good there (til i read the last couple of comments), as I catch my bus home from the stop opposite quite regularly, and it looks like a heck of a scarey pub !

Not scary at all inside, I assure you. There were a couple of chavs stood outside when we went in last night, you know, basehall caps on sideways, inane backward grimace and stupid tracksuits uttering "ug" noises, but inside, plenty of leather and denim makes you feel right at home!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Rock/metal nights in Sheffield are generally bad in my humble opinion.

They tend to be either cheesy and cliched, or full of children and playing really cringeworthy American rawk (Blink 182, Nickelback <insert countless other names> etc) like at Corporation.

I did have a few good sessions at CRB and Grapes though...

Archived