Metalheads where are you?

jooelz

Originally posted by Agent ****

Rock/metal nights in Sheffield are generally bad in my humble opinion.

They tend to be either cheesy and cliched, or full of children and playing really cringeworthy American rawk (Blink 182, Nickelback <insert countless other names> etc) like at Corporation.

I did have a few good sessions at CRB and Grapes though...

Have you been to any of my rock nights as a solo DJ?

:clap::thumbsup::D THANK GOD they're still some people with good taste in GOOD music about esp classic rock. and thanks buffy for your replies and a big thank you for keeping it going!!!!!!!. YOUR'RE THE BEST!!!!!. And i'm sure there are alot of folks about that'll agree wi me.

CLASSIC ROCK RULES........but we need a MUCH bigger scene here.....

In the USA they really know how to run the classic rock scene in a BIG way.....virtually every major town has a classic rock radio station, bar and rock club.......spent a lot of time out there some years ago and never ran out of rock bars or clubs.........

here....SIGH.......not so lucky......cheesey wine bars and CRAP bland pubs with no soul.....

Bufty - can we get Cheryl to shift some tables about to fit all these people in the pub on Saturday? I miss the dancing. Swaying gently is all well and good but I want to stagger in time to the music and - What about the massed ranks of the Classic Rock Bar Choir? Where will they all fit in?

have only been in Sheffiel 6 months ater moving form liverpool where we have a venue called the krazy house (slipnot, korn & ramnstein played there many years ag when it was known as Sloanes) they have 3 floors 1 for metal & rock. 1 for light rock & 1 for punk stuff.

have been to corporation n frankly thought it was a bit kak (i went on a saturday but have been told that fridays were better but the last time i went on a friday it wasnt good) where would ppl recommend for a decent nite with rock/metal music?

Help i can't stand trendy bars!!!:

Archived