Metalheads where are you?

jooelz

have been to corporation n frankly thought it was a bit kak (i went on a saturday but have been told that fridays were better but the last time i went on a friday it wasnt good) where would ppl recommend for a decent nite with rock/metal music?

[/b]

Regrettably there is so little choice in Sheffield for rock music (AT THE MOMENT), you are not alone in wanting a decent place to go...currently Manchester and Leeds kick the pants off of Sheffields rock night life.....once you try those you wont want to look back.....

Or try venturing over to HULL or down to LINCOLN,also superb rock night life at the weekends.......Sheffield rock night scene sucks at present...

Hopefully after November some decent rock bars/clubs will spring up...(without a doubt) ...anything that opens even to 12.30 is a BIG improvement on what we now have....

Unfortunately this town is far TOO obsessed with trendy dance clubs and bars.......more so than any other city I have noticed (in proportion to the number of alternative and rock bars/clubs/nights anyway....what we need is more risque entrepreneurial spirit here, which Sheffield is somewhat lacking at the moment.

PS close () brackets.... (brackets close brackets)

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Regrettably there is so little choice in Sheffield for rock music (AT THE MOMENT), you are not alone in wanting a decent place to go...currently Manchester and Leeds kick the pants off of Sheffields rock night life.....once you try those you wont want to look back.....

Or try venturing over to HULL or down to LINCOLN,also superb rock night life at the weekends.......Sheffield rock night scene sucks at present...

Hopefully after November some decent rock bars/clubs will spring up...(without a doubt) ...anything that opens even to 12.30 is a BIG improvement on what we now have....

Unfortunately this town is far TOO obsessed with trendy dance clubs and bars.......more so than any other city I have noticed (in proportion to the number of alternative and rock bars/clubs/nights anyway....what we need is more risque entrepreneurial spirit here, which Sheffield is somewhat lacking at the moment.

PS close () brackets.... (brackets close brackets)

I meant to quote!! with my prev question!!

does any 1 know where i can get hold of a copy of the Tyketto album "don't come easy" as i want to put Forever Young on my wedding compilation for febuary - or if i can borrow it please. i can't have my wedding reception without playing my fav song!!!:help:

The Main problem I have is that Sheffield (with the Dove And Rainbow asides) only seems to really cater for "classic" rock. You have the little hardcore room in Corp with the youth club and that is it. It seems the Nelson, Corp, Sportsman etc etc only want to play older rock with the odd SoTD and Greenday song thrown in.

Classic rock may as well be called cheesy rock. It seems to be the equivilent to the Leadmill on Saturday night is to Indie music

:gag:

others cities have more progresive rock venues. I used to love going to Spiders in Hull. :)

Originally posted by jooelz

does any 1 know where i can get hold of a copy of the Tyketto album "don't come easy" as i want to put Forever Young on my wedding compilation for febuary - or if i can borrow it please. i can't have my wedding reception without playing my fav song!!!:help:

ive got lots of tyketto stuff.... :) ave pm'd ya

p.s...the metallheads are here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57314

Originally posted by robbie

The Main problem I have is that Sheffield (with the Dove And Rainbow asides) only seems to really cater for "classic" rock. You have the little hardcore room in Corp with the youth club and that is it. It seems the Nelson, Corp, Sportsman etc etc only want to play older rock with the odd SoTD and Greenday song thrown in.

:)

@ Nelson

Tues - Metal/Noise/Industrial

Thurs - Goth/Alternative

Fri - Everything!

Sat - upstairs Modern Rock (and yes downstairs Classic Rock)

Archived