Metalheads where are you?

jooelz

Originally posted by the_nelson

@ Nelson

Tues - Metal/Noise/Industrial

Thurs - Goth/Alternative

Fri - Everything!

Sat - upstairs Modern Rock (and yes downstairs Classic Rock)

Downstairs on Sat night with (fanfare here)....the one, the ONLY original Rebels DJ still playing the tunes.....DJ LEZ or course!!!!! Now that DJ Ken (Wapentake/Under the Boardwalk fame) is no longer DJing at the Sportsman, the Nelson has Sheffields longest running rock DJ......totally recommend anyone who has not been to get wise and put in an appearance. All that great rock music from years ago and NOT the same old songs in the same order every week I am glad to say.

Its good upstairs too...more up to date but loud and proud..2 rooms of rock and fantastic cheap real cider which I cant remember the name of......is it pheasant plucker or something or am I confused????

PS Can I have a FREE pint please for plugging your wonderful rock bar

Originally posted by goldenfleece

MOORFOOT TAV rock night: Cool venue, much better and more 'rock like' than CHA CHAS. No real ale but a good atmosphere and love the proper old trad style pub interior, none of this horrible open plan wine bar crap.

Will be back......top tunes Buffy!!!!

What I love about you is you always play a great unpredictable set including some relatively 'not heard this for years' stuff.

(Unlike other rock DJ's at certain other venues who play the same tired old mainstream songs in the same order every week, whom I COULD mention, but wont......)

So it's not at the Moorfoot (or Casbah from this Fri night) and it's not the Nelson.....trying to think which place you're on about?

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Downstairs on Sat night with (fanfare here)....the one, the ONLY original Rebels DJ still playing the tunes.....DJ LEZ or course!!!!! Now that DJ Ken (Wapentake/Under the Boardwalk fame) is no longer DJing at the Sportsman, the Nelson has Sheffields longest running rock DJ......

I have it on good authority that the Sportsman is still having rock gigs on Thursday Night and Saturday Afternoon by DJ SHEZ who's been the DJ for two years longer than Ken and also performs at the Tap and Barrell, rock nights on the Sunday night, Ken was only there for 10 months, Shez has been there for 2 years and is still rocking strong.

Hey, I'm going to be a sheff uni student (arriving on saturday :) ) I was just wondering where the best metal nights out are? From what I have read here there is the moorfoot, nelson and the corp. Are all these in sheff center, do they play heavier stuff like death/black metal (although I like classic rock too), are they they only places in sheff to get a good rock/metal night out. I would really appriciate any replies becuase I really havn't been to sheff much at all.

Cheers :)

Originally posted by Imm0rtal

Hey, I'm going to be a sheff uni student (arriving on saturday :) ) I was just wondering where the best metal nights out are? From what I have read here there is the moorfoot, nelson and the corp. Are all these in sheff center, do they play heavier stuff like death/black metal (although I like classic rock too), are they they only places in sheff to get a good rock/metal night out. I would really appriciate any replies becuase I really havn't been to sheff much at all.

Cheers :)

Only place you'll get the heavier stuff is when corp opens at 9.30pm on a saturday. They usually play this for about first 30-45 minutes and then hit Slayer and its usually music the majority have heard of like Pantera, Machine Head, Soulfly...the list goes on!

Unless anyone knows anything else???

Generally though i enjoy corp, though a lot of people slag the place off :confused: check out http://www.corporation.org.uk for full details of the nights.

Check out the thread on here about corp meet on the 17/9 (saturday) if you want to meet anyone.

Keep rocking :headbang:

If anyone needs any info on the Shez gigs, then ask her, she has now got an account on Sheffield Forum that I set up for her yesterday.

She also has an e-mail address and if anyone wants it, PM me and I shall give it to you.

Archived