Why are people bothered about racist remarks aimed at them ?

It may not be petty individually, the point is that the cumulative effect of individual petty events is not so easy to shrug off.

I agree with you - which is a miracle and must mean my Goddess exists :hihi:

However, this does not adress why it is okay to continually practice this on Br8inend, for instance - whom you seem to attack personally on every thread he posts on.

Whatever. I love your dual standards.

Do you think overdosing on stress pills and painkillers, is 'running to teacher'?

Maybe it is 'petty and counter productive' to let yourself be affected by racist remarks.... but not everyone is able to.

It's a tragedy and it happens all the time, see the link posted earlier about the redheaded girl, we see fat boys trying to kill themselves, tall girls developing school phobia, people dreading going to work because their workmates deride them constantly. It's the most awful thing and I don't know why anyone chooses going down that path to bully others.

There's a lot of bullying goes on everywhere, even on SF. BAME people don't have a monopoly but they do have legal redress and recourse if they choose to exercise it. A privilege denied to others.

Some of you are constantly trying to bully others and deride and insult them, but somehow you can't even see it in yourselves. It's getting worse and worse all the time. I really despair and it takes a lot to dispirit me!

I agree with you - which is a miracle and must mean my Goddess exists :hihi:

However, this does not adress why it is okay to continually practice this on Br8inend, for instance - whom you seem to attack personally on every thread he posts on.

Whatever. I love your dual standards.

You mean like the time Br8inend said I had accused him of getting something right #1637, when I had done no such thing and the posting history shows I was the one that made the claim, and I get called an imbecile for it. :rolleyes:

It's a tragedy and it happens all the time, see the link posted earlier about the redheaded girl, we see fat boys trying to kill themselves, tall girls developing school phobia, people dreading going to work because their workmates deride them constantly. It's the most awful thing and I don't know why anyone chooses going down that path to bully others.

There's a lot of bullying goes on everywhere, even on SF. BAME people don't have a monopoly but they do have legal redress and recourse if they choose to exercise it. A privilege denied to others.

Some of you are constantly trying to bully others and deride and insult them, but somehow you can't even see it in yourselves. It's getting worse and worse all the time. I really despair and it takes a lot to dispirit me!

But that isn't true. The Harassment Act makes no mention of race. Everyone is protected the same.

Don't be dispirited ruby.:)

This is all a part of life's rich tapestry and explains only too well why children always have to go through some kind of bullying (name calling), which child psychologists understand is a perfectly normal part of growing up, and has benefits to it as well as the obvious downsides in that it builds character and fortitude and teaches the victim that they are nothing special which is precisely what the bully is feeling and is usually the main reason for the bullying in the first place. Quite often the victim can be over pretentious and comes from a very sheltered background where the world appears to revolve around them, the fact that they are not the centre of the universe in other people's eyes is a stark eye opener when experienced by the victim in the form of bullying.

You mean like the time Br8inend said I had accused him of getting something right #1637, when I had done no such thing and the posting history shows I was the one that made the claim, and I get called an imbecile for it. :rolleyes:

I think he's that used to getting insults off you the compliment knocked him out and he did not know what to do about it. You can be really scary when you give compliments you know.

And perhaps he just took it that you was being sarcastic. It can get very confusing on here at times.

I think we all resort to name calling at some time or other. Often it is just a spur of the moment thing and nothing is really meant by it. Sometimes it is done in a light hearted manner, but of course - aside from the limited emoticons no-one can see your expression as you post.

I think I called Ruby an old battleaxe or something on one thread and I really did not mean it. I don't think she is. Same goes for the others. It can get frustrating when you are trying to get a point across and all people seem interested in is spelling errors, punctuation, and the fact that some people have problems putting their thoughts into writing.

Still - hopefully this thread has given us all something to think about, you toad. :hihi::hihi::hihi: (That was a joke typed while I have a big smile on my face.)

Until next time ;)

Still - hopefully this thread has given us all something to think about, you toad. :hihi::hihi::hihi: (That was a joke typed while I have a big smile on my face.)

Until next time ;)

You bounder.... (said similarly) :hihi::hihi::hihi:

You see what an idiot you are making of yourself. And you're telling ME to get real! :rolleyes:

Why? Because I made the point (that you advocate) that all were as brainless as each other....but you had to take on the cause of matty and actually use that against me because you wanted to go the sentimental route and I didn't? Or was it something I replied to in an earlier post you took humbug to and thought...Oooh! where's me keyboard!.

Why don't you be honest for once and let it all out instead of making accusations.

Archived