Why are people bothered about racist remarks aimed at them ?

I give as good as I get, sometimes with a little interest. Can you give me one single example of me starting any bullying?

Where as you would never bully anyone or excuse bullies, would you? :rolleyes:

You may not have started any, but maybe you're guilty of sometimes carrying it on? :) I don't think I've ever seen you cry 'racist' just to try to shut people up, though, like others do.

I think you have a problem in that the main threads you choose to post on and some people who post with a similar pov do bully constantly and you've just got tarred with the same brush, unfortunately. Obviously, no-one is allowed to name and shame, but everyone knows who those people are, and some of them have posted on this thread.

It is quite funny that it's taken a bit of time for the word to get around and the 'heavyweights' to pile in. I mean, weren't we already at #121 before shims arrived? They must have been busy elsewhere ;)

Who said it only took a minute?

Ive been on loads of threads where you and your mate opperate the tag team maneuver.

Lying?

Dont think so.

I can't see any evidence of anything apart from them both having a low tolerance for people that make excuses for bullies.

Who said it only took a minute?

Ive been on loads of threads where you and your mate opperate the tag team maneuver.

Don't you remember saying this an hour ago.

Yes it would be barking to think that. But a quick look at both your post histories tells me you do seem to know each other.

Why do you have to constantly lie to make your points?

The list you have given is of closed perceptions of Islam, not a definition of Islamophobia.

http://www.runnymedetrust.org/uploads/publications/pdfs/islamophobia.pdf

Runnymede Trust:

The Runnymede Trust has identified eight components that they say define Islamophobia.

This definition, from the 1997 document 'Islamophobia: A Challenge For Us All' is widely accepted, including by the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia.

The eight components are:

1) Islam is seen as a monolithic bloc, static and unresponsive to change.

2) Islam is seen as separate and 'other'. It does not have values in common with other cultures, is not affected by them and does not influence them.

3) Islam is seen as inferior to the West. It is seen as barbaric, irrational, primitive and sexist.

4) Islam is seen as violent, aggressive, threatening, supportive of terrorism and engaged in a 'clash of civilisations'.

5) Islam is seen as a political ideology and is used for political or military advantage.

6) Criticisms made of the West by Islam are rejected out of hand.

7) Hostility towards Islam is used to justify discriminatory practices towards Muslims and exclusion of Muslims from mainstream society.

8) Anti-Muslim hostility is seen as natural or normal.

http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-a-definition/

Runnymede Trust:

The Runnymede Trust has identified eight components that they say define Islamophobia.

This definition, from the 1997 document 'Islamophobia: A Challenge For Us All' is widely accepted, including by the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia.

The eight components are:

1) Islam is seen as a monolithic bloc, static and unresponsive to change.

2) Islam is seen as separate and 'other'. It does not have values in common with other cultures, is not affected by them and does not influence them.

3) Islam is seen as inferior to the West. It is seen as barbaric, irrational, primitive and sexist.

4) Islam is seen as violent, aggressive, threatening, supportive of terrorism and engaged in a 'clash of civilisations'.

5) Islam is seen as a political ideology and is used for political or military advantage.

6) Criticisms made of the West by Islam are rejected out of hand.

7) Hostility towards Islam is used to justify discriminatory practices towards Muslims and exclusion of Muslims from mainstream society.

8) Anti-Muslim hostility is seen as natural or normal.

http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-a-definition/

Well done, you have shown Islamaphobia watch to be dishonest, something anyone with any sense knew already.

I have had racist remarks said to me when living in another country and it didnt bother me one bit

Why would I not have any idea of how it feels, when I have already said that it has happened to me ?

And what exactly does it say about me ?

It says for someone without the capacity to feel you do show a lot of emotion on the subject.

There are people who get bullied on the internet, people constantly calling them names and pulling them down, ganging up on them with other users

Not nice to see, let alone be on the receiving end of such bullying.

When are you going to stop doing this ?

Why do you care? Water off a ducks back...isn't it?

Or is the reality you REALLY do care but hide behind pseudo bravado.

If your experience of abuse is so Blasé why do you go on to champion those that are effected by it? After all if you have no concept (which you can't by your own definition) of the pain or misery it can cause, what qualifies you to comment, let alone start a thread.

Well done, you have shown Islamaphobia watch to be dishonest, something anyone with any sense knew already.

Best you report Islamaphobiawatch for libel then. When are you going to do this?

Runnymede Trust:

Early in 1997 the Commission on British Muslims and Islamophobia, under the chairmanship of Professor Gordon Conway, issued a consultative document. The final report, Islamophobia: A Challenge for Us All, was launched in November 1997 by the Home Secretary, Jack Straw.

This was the first time that the subject of Islamophobia had been comprehensively tackled in relation to a British Muslim population estimated at between 1.2 and 1.4 million. Sixty recommendations were put forward in the report targeted at government departments, bodies and agencies, local and regional statutory bodies, and voluntary and private bodies. It attracted, and continues to attract, wide interest and media coverage in both the UK and abroad.

http://www.runnymedetrust.org/projects/commissionOnBritishMuslims.html

Well post the evidence then. Of course the fact that you have just made that up means you won't be able to.
When people talk about 'mates' on fora, they don't really mean 'friends in real life'. I think we all know if we were asked to name a set of people who can be relied on to post on any polarised topic, the same names will come up each time.

I'd say that was what would be meant by a 'mate' on the internet. Not that people know one another irl, but that they share an outlook and hold similar views. After a few months it becomes pretty much predictable.

Archived