Why are people bothered about racist remarks aimed at them ?

I dont suppose its much fun for fat people to be made fun of but that doesnt seem to make the news as much as racist "taunting"

Yeah, but that's because the media are jackals for that kind of thing. Millions of people experience racism regularly and they keep it to themselves and just live with it.

Yeah, but that's because the media are jackals for that kind of thing. Millions of people experience racism regularly and they keep it to themselves and just live with it.

That makes it right does it?

That makes it right does it?

I think you misunderstood what I said. I was responding to jongo's statement that people make a big hooha about receiving racist remarks. I was just saying that a lot of people don't say anything about it.

As a Yorkie living in Leicestershire, I suppose racism could be taken to the extreme because I get called a Yorkie pudding, a Dee dah, people extract the Micheal from my accent, I get imitated when I say words like `Cake` and `Way` and other long, strung out Yorkshire words.

I mentioned it on a forum once and someone told me to report the people who were saying these things, and to me thats taking it a bit far, just a bit too far, but having said that, the person who advised me was one of those people who screams the word `RACIST` at the drop of a hat, almost as if they had a form of tourettes.

Some forms of wee-wee taking is fun but it depends on the spirit its given and taken in and society seems to be narrowing the parameters of whats fun and abuse all the time and things that were fun yesterday are deep insults today.

Some of it is a good thing, I personally would hate to think I`d hurt someones feelings because of something I`d said about their race or past but Ive come to the conclusion that if youre proud of your race and past then nothing anyone can say can be hurtful.

As I mentioned, people often extract the wee-wee about my race and past but as Im rather proud of it all I take and give it in good spirits- as do my opponents, be they originally from Leicestershire, Poland or Pakistan.

**Instead of Proud of race or past, lets say `Comfortable` with it instead... I cant see a reason to be proud of race, location or history.

As a Yorkie living in Leicestershire, I suppose racism could be taken to the extreme because I get called a Yorkie pudding, a Dee dah, people extract the Micheal from my accent, I get imitated when I say words like `Cake` and `Way` and other long, strung out Yorkshire words.

I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I read your posts Jabbers I always do it in a posh accent. That's just the way they come across. I'm sorry but I just can't imagine someone saying 'extract the Michael' in a Yorkshire accent. :hihi:

I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I read your posts Jabbers I always do it in a posh accent. That's just the way they come across. I'm sorry but I just can't imagine someone saying 'extract the Michael' in a Yorkshire accent. :hihi:

Im a Parson cross lad! I`m rougher than a badgers arris! :D

Well I can understand how it can be really upsetting for people who don't have a very thick skin. It's not very nice but because I've been at the receiving end of it ever since I started primary school aged about 8, I just laugh at the racist idiots now. What's I find the most hilarious is that, not only have they not actually been able to guess my real race up to now, they still can't make their mind up as to whether I'm a 'chinky' or a '****'. :roll::hihi:

I would think that nearly everyone has been called some name or other from a very young age, do you think that people made fun of for a different reason other than race finds it any less hurtful?

This is the point I am trying to make.

Call someone a "racist" name and your labelled as racist.

call someone spotty, nothing happens.

Why, whats the difference ?

Edit: Sorry Shaz, thats not aimed at you personally, just quoted you because of the primary school part of your quote thats all :D

Archived