Why are people bothered about racist remarks aimed at them ?

We all have our own views

Sorry by the way for my grammer.

Grammar.

I know you have your view jongo. You asked a question. I answered it.

Can you see why racial attacks are treated more seriously by the law now?

There is no history of people with spectacles being treated worse in this country.

See?

I see no similarity to someone saying that someones links are boring to calling someone a name.

Is calling myself wikicat as some are want to do, not name calling?

Dismissing any references specifically that I give as "boring" and not worth looking at is a personal comment on myself, exactly the same as name calling.

I am not so bothered by it, but it is an example of the hypocrisy of those that criticise me for name calling when I receive so much abuse for expressing my views.

Grammar.

I know you have your view jongo. You asked a question. I answered it.

Can you see why racial attacks are treated more seriously by the law now?

There is no history of people with spectacles being treated worse in this country.

See?

As I said I don't see any difference, the law might, but thats only because of the great pressure to introduce such a law.

Is calling myself wikicat as some are want to do, not name calling?

Dismissing any references specifically that I give as "boring" and not worth looking at is a personal comment on myself, exactly the same as name calling.

:D Never seen that but as in any name calling I think its wrong.

As I said I don't see any difference, the law might, but thats only because of the great pressure to introduce such a law.

Ok, let me try again.

People who wear glasses have not been victimised.

They have not had jobs barred to them.

They have not been attacked for wearing glasses.

They don't suffer persecution for wearing glasses.

There is a history of racist attacks in this country.

People have been targetted for their race.

So, jongo, if I called you a "white pig" and spat at your wife it would be treated more seriously than if I called you "four eyes" and spat at you.

Both unpleasant attacks, but one motivated by a wider prejudice.

Can you give any comparable examples of people that have attempted suicide because of being called speccy four eyes? Having speccy four eyes painted on their homes? spat on in the street, or regularly abused by adults?

Perhaps you have a blinkered view because you don't look at other people's links?

I think it's the sheer unrelenting self congratulation of some people that makes me want to stab myself. I find myself siding with people I wouldn't normally give the time of day to just because some of these posters merely exist.

God, the condescension! It's enough to drive you mad! And they're unrelenting. It reminds of me of my daughter saying "please don't talk at me anymore, mummy, please just smack me like other mummies do, and leave me alone!" I feel like that right now ... rofl, I give up, you've bored me into submission, please stop hitting me, I'll be quiet :hihi:

Well, Alien did demand to know my true feelings ... ;)

Ok, let me try again.

People who wear glasses have not been victimised.

They have not had jobs barred to them.

They have not been attacked for wearing glasses.

They don't suffer persecution for wearing glasses.

There is a history of racist attacks in this country.

People have been targetted for their race.

So, jongo, if I called you a "white pig" and spat at your wife it would be treated more seriously than if I called you "four eyes" and spat at you.

Both unpleasant attacks, but one motivated by a wider prejudice.

How can you say that people with glasses have not been victimised etc ?

(my spell check must be American as its just pulled that) :)

Anyway, why bring spitting into it, that is going another step, if you spat at me or any of my family then I would take offence, and rightly so.

As for the "White pig"

:hihi: I am sure that is one of the better names I have been called over the years :D

How can you say that people with glasses have not been victimised etc ?

Because they haven't?

Racial discrimination and harassment persist today despite the enactment of existing anti-discrimination legislation and measures...

Moreover, the evidence suggests that this persisting and changing form of harassment and discrimination has served to block significantly the opportunities of first and second-generation visible ethnic minorities in the labour market.

This has inhibited their economic integration into British society, and, arguably, has negatively affected other aspects of the wider integration process. Suck blocks to employment and inhibitions to economic development do not exist for people who wear glasses jongo.

Can you give any comparable examples of people that have attempted suicide because of being called speccy four eyes? Having speccy four eyes painted on their homes? spat on in the street, or regularly abused by adults?

Perhaps you have a blinkered view because you don't look at other people's links?

As it happens, no I can't and I can't even be bothered to look for any ;)

Archived