Why are people bothered about racist remarks aimed at them ?

I would think that nearly everyone has been called some name or other from a very young age, do you think that people made fun of for a different reason other than race finds it any less hurtful?

This is the point I am trying to make.

Call someone a "racist" name and your labelled as racist.

call someone spotty, nothing happens.

Why, whats the difference ?

Edit: Sorry Shaz, thats not aimed at you personally, just quoted you because of the primary school part of your quote thats all :D

Personally I don't think there's any difference. It's all hurtful. If you call someone 'spotty' you're a nasty ****er. Anyone with half a brain can see that it's all the same.

I have had racist remarks said to me when living in another country and it didnt bother me one bit, so why do certain people make a meal of it ?

Is it a chance for the racist in themselves to come out and cause as much trouble as they can ?

Theres probably a lot of truth in that. Ive been racially abused myself and i have to say its not worth getting upset about. I think some have this victim mentality and are always looking to be insulted and obviously theres also cash to be made from such insults.

You mean not enough to start a new race related thread all on your lonesome?...:rolleyes:

Maybe you're both comparing yourselves being racially abused with being called racists?

You mean not enough to start a new race related thread all on your lonesome?...:rolleyes:

Maybe you're both comparing yourselves being racially abused with being called racists?

No, like I said it didnt bother me one bit, same as you trying to insinuate some hidden agenda doesnt bother me one bit.

Do we have to have an underlying reason to start threads on here ?

Personally I don't think there's any difference. It's all hurtful. If you call someone 'spotty' you're a nasty ****er. Anyone with half a brain can see that it's all the same.
I agree with you. Being redheaded, old, fat, female and shortsighted, my life is a nightmare! :) I can take offfence at almost every remark or joke ever made these days.

The major difference is that it's not illegal to be gingerist, ageist, fattist or sexist. People should learn to roll with the punches without having recourse to the courts. Whenever someone wants to bully, have a go or be cruel to another, they'll say whatever they think will upset you most and half the time don't even mean it. They just want to hurt your feelings for some reason.

Laugh in their faces, that upsets them far more than crying about it. As you obviously know anyway, being a person that is more than willing to fight fire with fire, from your posts :)

Palace have equalised!

Laugh in their faces, that upsets them far more than crying about it. As you obviously know anyway, being a person that is more than willing to fight fire with fire, from your posts :)

Ha ha ha! Well you're only a victim if you allow yourself to be. :cool:

The major difference is that it's not illegal to be gingerist, ageist, fattist or sexist.

I would love it if these really existed. If they ever passed a law on it I'd use every opportunity available to walk around shouting "Oi gingerist/ ageist/ fattist!" :love:

No, like I said it didnt bother me one bit, same as you trying to insinuate some hidden agenda doesnt bother me one bit.

Do we have to have an underlying reason to start threads on here ?

Of course there's an agenda...Just because you allegedly don't get upset that's good enough reason not to fight insult? The agenda is...I don't get upset so others shouldn't too...hey let's have a free for all based on our own paranoia....the racists/haters would just love that...wouldn't they?

Tell me Jongo...do you go around insulting people regardless of their colour, size, beliefs, clothing, choice of music? You probably do considering you don't think it's an issue. You said it...no one else.

I agree with you. Being redheaded, old, fat, female and shortsighted, my life is a nightmare! :) I can take offfence at almost every remark or joke ever made these days.

The major difference is that it's not illegal to be gingerist, ageist, fattist or sexist. People should learn to roll with the punches without having recourse to the courts. Whenever someone wants to bully, have a go or be cruel to another, they'll say whatever they think will upset you most and half the time don't even mean it. They just want to hurt your feelings for some reason.

Palace have equalised!

Please add regionalist to that list. Being a Sheffield lass living in East Anglia I find that many people make fun of my accent. At least I can legally retaliate with comments about inbreeding and webbed feet. I've also been told "P*** Off back to where you come from".

Well I can understand how it can be really upsetting for people who don't have a very thick skin. It's not very nice but because I've been at the receiving end of it ever since I started primary school aged about 8, I just laugh at the racist idiots now. What's I find the most hilarious is that, not only have they not actually been able to guess my real race up to now, they still can't make their mind up as to whether I'm a 'chinky' or a '****'. :roll::hihi:

So which are you - chinky or ****? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived