Why are people bothered about racist remarks aimed at them ?

Why ask me, I'm not in charge of making the law? As I said, I agree with shaz112, any nasty insult is as bad as another.

Either make it all illegal, which would be patently just silly and impossible, or none of it.

Oh, ok then. :|

Why is that ? I can imagine that being fat would count for a lot of people not getting the job, maybe not actually told thats the reason but how many times do you think that being black is told to the person applying for the job?

I didnt think that any other reason than that "you was not succesful this time" was actually needed

It was a tongue in cheek post, jongo.

Seems to me that the only one with any kind of agenda / problem with this thread is yourself

What you say about me and an agenda is complete trash, do you get some sort of kick out trying to tell people what they meant to say?

Have you no thoughts of your own to contribute?

Oh please...that's so well worn.

I have thoughts on this thread and subject...as stated in my posts...Would be interesting to know yours rather than "Hey...racism/hate is ok if you have the balls to tolerate it, I do and can". Some don't tolerate and some actively don't.

Haters based on subjects already stated are usually thick intolorant knuckledraggers who don't have enough space between their ears to have an atom transplant. I'm sure you'd be pretty pizzed off if your pants were pulled down in public only for all to point at weeny, bet you wouldn't shrug that one off so easily. :D

Ok...maybe I do have an agenda...nothing new on here. I just dislike haters, of any kind. Their destructive.

I dont suppose its much fun for fat people to be made fun of but that doesnt seem to make the news as much as racist "taunting"

I dont think I was defending the taunting of fat people.

Im fat and black and am more senstive about the latter than the former, I dont see why anyone would have a problem with that.

I dont think I was defending the taunting of fat people.

Im fat and black and am more senstive about the latter than the former, I dont see why anyone would have a problem with that.

Sorry BF I didnt mean to imply you was defending anything

I have always thought that ginger people are like their own "race", as far as how they're singled out of the crowd in a similar way to other minority racial types. My best mate in school was ginger and he was under tremendous pressure to... not be ginger.

I carefully and meticulously studied the emotional effects of bullying on him over the years. He was to be the study that I would later submit in my GCSE sociology paper. His roller coaster ride of torment and responsive triumph did not disappoint me (nor the exam board it seems). In the initial years of secondary school, his confidence and spirit were crushed like a Rich Tea under a big **** off hammer. But it wasn't long before he started to develop a cunning defence mechanism. This was social Darwinism in bold action and it was beautiful. He began to develop this tremendously dry, sharp, sarcastic wit. It was like anything you said to him ricocheted back into your face, split your head open and spilled out your brains, leaving you to analyse the fallacy of your own prejudice.

Needless to say, the tribulations of that god damn ginger freak got me an A. Fantastic.

... Haters based on subjects already stated are usually thick intolorant knuckledraggers who don't have enough space between their ears to have an atom transplant ...
If only that were true. It's all pink fluffy bunnikins to be able to imagine that is truly the case. But it's not.

Some very intelligent and cultured people are as much, if not more, intolerant than the so called 'knuckledraggers' and they use that advantage to suck others into the hate arena, and they're by far the more dangerous, imo.

Open your eyes and look around you. Hidden intolerance is far worse than the EDL and the UAF having a weekend ruck on the streets and it happens all the time. :(

If only that were true. It's all pink fluffy bunnikins to be able to imagine that is truly the case. But it's not.

Some very intelligent and cultured people are as much, if not more, intolerant than the so called 'knuckledraggers' and they use that advantage to suck others into the hate arena, and they're by far the more dangerous, imo.

Open your eyes and look around you. Hidden intolerance is far worse than the EDL and the UAF having a weekend ruck on the streets and it happens all the time. :(

Intelligence and culture doesn't equate with ignorance. The use of the word "thick" may have been a mistake. Just because you're intelligent and or cultured doesn't excuse you from scrapping the knuckles through ignorance. Usually the only intolerant intellectuals who show themselves are those behind a keyboard...in real life their too canny. So yes...I do "look around".

Intelligence and culture doesn't equate with ignorance. The use of the word "thick" may have been a mistake. Just because you're intelligent and or cultured doesn't excuse you from scrapping the knuckles through ignorance. Usually the only intolerant intellectuals who show themselves are those behind a keyboard...in real life their too canny. So yes...I do "look around".
Yes it probably was ... those sorts of perjorative remarks about people who haven't had as many opportunities in life, tend to get my mad up on their behalf and make me think the worse of the people who make them. When you say 'scrapping the knuckles', is that a euphemism for fighting?

Don't forget, you're also hiding behind a keyboard and maybe come across as just as intolerant in your own way :)

Archived