One for the ladies

When i first started my period and had swimming lessons at school, my mum used to write me a note, but instead of putting what it actually was, she used to say, she is unwell :hihi:. Did you parents ever put things that it actually wasnt? I have asked her about it since, and she just said thats what they used to call it when they were younger and it just stuck, to me it sounded like they were embarrassed about it :huh:

When i first started my period and had swimming lessons at school, my mum used to write me a note, but instead of putting what it actually was, she used to say, she is unwell :hihi:. Did you parents ever put things that it actually wasnt? I have asked her about it since, and she just said thats what they used to call it when they were younger and it just stuck, to me it sounded like they were embarrassed about it :huh:

I don't think so. At our school everyone'd write their own notes and sign their parent's name. I remember having a Planner, which we had to write all our homework in and we were supposed to get our parents to sign it each week; mine never signed it once, I go so good at faking their signatures. :hihi:

I'm not a lady, but I've known a few people who were.

It used to be quite commonplace for a woman to be "off sick with stomach cramps" every four weeks for a day or two. I think everyone knew what the real problem was, but nobody had to talk openly about it.

It seems much less common today, and many women - and men, come to that - are happy to talk quite openly about periods. I still know an odd one or two who admit only to having stomach cramps.

Oh we used to write our own for other things aswell, 1 friend of mine seemed to have a period every week though, and the teachers were either too thick or just didnt realise :hihi:

Or didn't care.

Im, 53 now but remember my mother did,nt tell me anything so when I started I did'nt tell her, then one day I came home from school to be greeted with " i see your unwell",I replied with no I'm fine,so she said I,ve changed your bedding today and your unwell, so I said oh right ! she then went on to tell me keep away from lads lol. Nedless to say both my daughters knew exactly what to expect when the time came and neither of them were "unwell"

Im, 53 now but remember my mother did,nt tell me anything so when I started I did'nt tell her, then one day I came home from school to be greeted with " i see your unwell",I replied with no I'm fine,so she said I,ve changed your bedding today and your unwell, so I said oh right ! she then went on to tell me keep away from lads lol. Nedless to say both my daughters knew exactly what to expect when the time came and neither of them were "unwell"

Im 42, and my mum didnt tell me anything, what i knew, which wasnt a lot i learned at school, so when i did start, i didnt know what to do, my friends mum called my mum as i had stayed over at theres the night before, and yes, my daughter was told a while ago :D, but not calling it unwell :hihi:

Archived