Anyone hunting for a wedding dress should read this

hi i was sat in a hospital waiting room and i overheard a conversation between two ladies, one of the ladies had been looking for a wedding dress and had come across a lot of very rude assistants in certain stores, as you can understand she was very upset. she decided to venture out of sheffield on driving through bradford she saw a oxfam shop and decided to pop in as she was looking around she just happened to ask the assistant if they had any wedding items the lady told her to go upstairs in the store on arriving upstairs she could not believe her eyes the shop had everything you could wish for all devoted to the upper level from bridal dresses to the shoes , headdress, tiara,bags,bridesmaid dresses, grooms suits she said it was just like walking into a bridal store much to say she got everything she needed in immaculate condition,i just thought if anyone was interested and didnt mind secondhand oxfam could help you out.well done to oxfam and all the generous people who also helped other brides and the charity.

A friend of mine (a few years ago) was getting married and didn't have much money.....she didn't go to Oxfam.....but managed to get a 'shop soiled' (been on a display dummy) wedding dress and headress, in her size for £25.....and she looked fab :thumbsup:

Just show's you don't have to pay thousands for a dress you are only going to wear once (unless you happen to be Elizabeth Taylor :roll:) !!

I got my wedding dress off of eBay. It was made to my specific measurements in Hong Kong. It had a boned corset and a train and was hand beaded and only cost me £150 including shipping!

I'm currently buying a ball gown from Hong Kong made to my measurements and it's only costing £90 including shipping this time.

My point is, you can do it cheaply if you want to.

• 2 weeks later...
Theres two oxfam shops in Bradford which one is it???

the op said she only overheard the conversation so probably doesnt know...but i reckon one quick phone call would find out for you, its 50-50 chance of getting the right one.

x

Archived