Knowledge of Unstone please

Anyone please with knowledge of Unstone.

i.e. Is the school on the main Dronfield to Chesterfield Road ?

Where is Crow Lane and the Community Centre ?

Is there an area of Unstone referred to as Nether Green ?

Have you heard mention of Craven Row, Brown Row and Stafford House if so where exactly were they ?

Thanks in anticipation

Never heard of Nether Green, the large grassed area in the middle was just the green as far as I can remember.

On googlemaps...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=unstone&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Unstone,+Dronfield,+Derbyshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.290514,-1.441569&spn=0.005188,0.015932&t=h&z=17

The school is just down from where Crow Lane meets Main Road or at least it was when I lived there. You can see another school at the right of that map too.

Community Centre is along Crow Lane on the photo where the two bus stops are directly across from each other.

Again all this is from memory of 20 years ago :)

James Slinn Gallery

The Peel Centre, High Street (Map Ref E4).

The James Slinn Gallery houses a growing collection of photographs, books, maps and documents relating to the history and natural history of Dronfield. The Heritage Committee, which oversees the collection, is actively collecting Dronfield material for the collection and will be happy to receive offers of items. Anyone wishing to make use of the material should contact members of the Heritage Committee on any of the following telephone numbers: 01246 412313 or 413231 or 412361.

http://www.dronfield.gov.uk/History.shtml

Archived